Zamalek Mamas

Hi there,

I've been in Cairo three years but I am new to being a mother. I have a six week old baby girl and I would love to meet other mothers/fathers for trips to the park, coffee and baby and me groups. I am happy to host, meet up or take suggestions for existing groups.

Do I sound desperate yet??

I'm originally from New York but am happy to meet Mamas from all over the world.

Cheers!

Let me be clear since apparently "I want to meet Mamas" = "I want to meet strange men for coffee" to some people.

I am married. I have a baby with my husband. I am NOT INTERESTED in random men contacting me for "friendship". I have lived in Cairo for three years, I have all the friends I need.

I want to meet other WOMEN who are MOTHERS in Cairo.

Thank you.

LoooooL

You made me laugh

Sorry for your grief  I know that its a but much

Zamalekmama wrote:

Let me be clear since apparently "I want to meet Mamas" = "I want to meet strange men for coffee" to some people.

I am married. I have a baby with my husband. I am NOT INTERESTED in random men contacting me for "friendship". I have lived in Cairo for three years, I have all the friends I need.

I want to meet other WOMEN who are MOTHERS in Cairo.

Thank you.

Sure, you have been sent with private messages from " gentlemen", after you opened the topic!
It happens for most of us.
Concerning your asking, I know that in Zamalek there is " Mums' s Club", a space downfloor a building where it is a nice play-room for children, a room for Art and Crafts, and an coffee- shop for mums. They have instructors for supervising the kids during mums have their coffee or talking.
Maybe you could meet their some mums!

Hi Valibilic,

I know it happens to everyone! It wont stop me from posting... :-)

Thank you so very much for the recommendation. I would love to go to the place you are talking about. Do you know what street it is on?

thanks again!

Hey, I found the place you were talking about. Thanks so much for the tip!!

Cheers!

Hi Sarah,

can u plz tell me how young do accept babies in ur zamalek group...i have a six week baby and i am looking for a baby sitter any recommendations???

regards,
Mariam

Hello Mariam,

please note that this thread dates back to 2012.

If you are looking for a babysitter, you could try to post an advert in the Jobs in Cairo section, i hope it helps!

All the best,

Francesca