Sending puppies to America. Compensation involved.

Hello,
I recently rescued 4 beautiful baladi puppies and got them all adopted in the States.  I am looking for two people who will be traveling to the USA soon (like within the next week) to take the dogs with them on the flight.  The adopters will pick up the dogs at the airports.  This would really help out all involved, as shipping dogs is extremely expensive.  All the puppies have their vaccination records and health certificates, and are quite small. Cages will be provided. 

There is compensation for whoever agrees to travel with a puppy.  Please contact me if interested. :)

Thank you,
Luna

You effort in rescuing the dogs is admirable. Though you might be aware that according to international laws you should not ask passengers, and strangers to carry things on your behalf.

This is extremely risky and can have terrible consequences. Most people will be aware that animals and pets are sometimes used to transport drugs and illicit substances from one country to another.

Any person accepting such 'transportation' must be either naive or completely insane.

With all stray dogs in the USA, it is really strange that people are adopting dogs from Egypt.

Don't you think?

Thanks for your reply Erika, and for bringing up these issues.  You make a great point, though one I didn't think of because my intentions are clean.  Basically, I'm a dog lover, and when my landlord threatened to kill a pregnant dog on our block, I rescued her.  She had four puppies, so that's how I wound up with all these dogs.  Since I can't hold on to them and refuse to throw them in the street (shelters won't take them unless they're injured), I figured I'd find them homes in the States where I know they'd be well taken care of.  The four people adopting the pups are all friends and acquaintances.  Plus, they're all belly dancers like myself and are familiar with Egypt and the animal situation here.  They figured they'd do some good by adopting Egyptian dogs rather than dogs from an American shelter. Hence the needs to get them overseas.  I keep a blog where you can read more about my dog story (and other stuff) if you're interested.  You can access it at www.kissesfromkairo.blogspot.com.  Thanks again for writing. :)

Surely helping animals is something honourable, but I'd like to say that there are families in Egypt with no food, and 4.5 million homeless children who are kidnapped by traffickers for sex trade and organs trade.

When one hear about this chilling situation, the idea of US citizens investing in adopting Egyptian dogs really seems frivolous.

Maybe it is time to set priorities aright.

erikabrio wrote:

Surely helping animals is something honourable, but I'd like to say that there are families in Egypt with no food, and 4.5 million homeless children who are kidnapped by traffickers for sex trade and organs trade.

When one hear about this chilling situation, the idea of US citizens investing in adopting Egyptian dogs really seems frivolous.

Maybe it is time to set priorities aright.

Erika I hear the same thing all the time from Egyptians.  The situations you describe are unfortunate, and they are the fault of government incompetency and neglect.  The government should be solving those problems.  Not to mention, there are gazillions of NGOs around the world working on these issues, and millions of people who throw their money at these organizations, to no avail. My point is that no amount of money or citizen action is going to make a difference.  Only government action will. On the other hand, nobody cares about the animals.  If I could make a difference in the lives of 5 of God's "lowly" creatures, then I"m happy to do that.  And if I could get American citizens to adopt homeless children here, I would, except it doesn't work that way, as I'm sure you're aware. :) If I could get Americans to donate to NGOs, that would be nice, but largely ineffective, as I'm sure you're also aware. So, I choose to make a difference where I can, how I can. Animals deserve a decent chance at life too.

Wait, there is a market for baladi dogs in the US?

You should try to sell them at a very low price so that it can help you cover the expenses to vaccinate them and what not. I have plenty of people that go back and forth from the states so I can check with them and get back to you.

is there a shipping service for pets from state to state?

Pilotage wrote:

You should try to sell them at a very low price so that it can help you cover the expenses to vaccinate them and what not. I have plenty of people that go back and forth from the states so I can check with them and get back to you.

Hi Pilotage,
Well I wouldn't say there's a market for them.  It's just that most of my friends are animal lovers and wanted to help rescue my baladi puppies.  I didn't charge anything for them, as I'm not looking to make money off of them.  I just wanted to place them in nice homes.  There is pet shipping here, but it's super expensive.  That's why I was looking for people who will be traveling to the States, because sending the pets with them will be much cheaper.  If you know of anybody, please let me know. :)

Thanks,
Luna

I didn't mean for you to make a profit, but to help cover expenses... oh ok so this is just a one time thing or is it on going?

I was asking about the shipping within the states, for example, say my guy lands in Atlanta, and your friends are in New York, will there be a shipping service for pets and is that also covered in your compensation?

I was listening to the NIle FM one time, and they were talking about how its been discovered that baladi dogs have a strong sense of smell so they began exporting them to europe (i don't know how accurate this is)... so in your post I thought you implied that there was some sort of demand in the US for baladi dogs, and I thought maybe its a good opportunity for one of the animal services to start this small business to help them financially and to help the dogs find a better life :)

Luna of Cairo wrote:
Pilotage wrote:

Hi Pilotage,
Well I wouldn't say there's a market for them.  It's just that most of my friends are animal lovers and wanted to help rescue my baladi puppies.  I didn't charge anything for them, as I'm not looking to make money off of them.  I just wanted to place them in nice homes.  There is pet shipping here, but it's super expensive.  That's why I was looking for people who will be traveling to the States, because sending the pets with them will be much cheaper.  If you know of anybody, please let me know. :)

Thanks,
Luna

are baladi dogs good guarding dogs?

momoforeva wrote:

are baladi dogs good guarding dogs?

Take a wild guess

no??!!

they look scary though :lol:

i have two on my street and they scare the hell out of everybody