Looking for info on Working in Abu Dhabi

Hello,

I'm from Malaysia and I'm going for a job interview with ADCO in Abu Dhabi next week. I really don't know what to expect and I really appreciate if anyone out there could share some information on the following;

1. How much is the average housing cost in Abu Dhabi for 4 bedrooms apartment/house.
2. How much is the school fee (international school) for kids age from 4 to 9 years old.
3. How much is the cost for a 7 seater SUV or MPV.
4. How is the working life in Abu Dhabi especially with ADCO interm of working hours, life work balance, working environment, expectation from employer and etc.
5. How easy for woman to travel in Abu Dhabi? Can woman drive?
6. any other info.

thank u and regards.

Hi Norwadi,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to have a look at other threads on the Abu Dhabi forum.

All the best,
Christine

Hi NOrwadi

If you got Adco job is very good they giving good salary and other facilities..

4 Bed Room near 150,000 Dhs.good one also you can find 80000
School Fee. near about 25000 annum (in good school)also there is 10000 also

Driving is in abu dhabi and lady can drive also

Thank u hafisok. The rate for the house is per month or per annum. If it is per month, the cost is very expensive.

No Norwardi this the rate for one year, and this for High class bldgs. you can find below 80K also 2 bed Room in city may few year old bldg or New one Bed Room in Al Reem Island . also if you look accomodation in Musaffah you can get 2 bed Room new flats around 55K per year and Mohammed Bin Zayed City.. also one Bed Room and Studio also available more cheaper..

Also you can find in Villa in Muhammed Bin Zayed city 4 Bed Room may below 100k

Thank you hafisok.
How is the working life in Abu Dhabi. Stressful,relek, or to much office politic and etc. Any rasicm issues?

regards

Hello Norwadi

Depend on job, office, co-staff etc.. if u r lucky you will get all good, then Abu Dhabi is very best place..

Calm and quiet streets, Good Peoples, Good Beach, Good Shopping Malls, Good Restaurants etc..

When u r here..

REgs,

Thank again Hafisok,

I'm going for interview on Sunday 16th Dec.

regards.

Wishing All the best..

Hi, How are u doing ?

Please keep in touch when ur in Abu Dhabi.
Call: 055-6878566.

Hello Norwadi

HOw ur Interview..?

Hi,

I got the offer, but the salary was not up to my expectation. So I turn it down. May be next time.

Ok try for better

Hi Norwadi,

I am going to attend the interview on 31st May 2013 for Cost Estimation Engineer. Can you please guide me what is the salary range and other benefit ADCO offering?

How is the face to face interview?

What is the working days and hours?

Appreciate your prompt reply.

I am also going to Abu dhabi on 31st May, 2013. I also have interview for Sr. Mech. engg. Please write me back and let us meet some time.
Any guidance about the interview and offer.
regards