Arriving in Berlin

Hi There,

My wife and i will be spending a week in Berlin in December.
We are flying into Berlin Schoenefeld Airport and need to get to Alexanserplatz.

Is the best option by travel by train, and if so should i get the Berlin Welcome Card for us?

Appreciate any assistance you can give me and can't wait until our visit, my wife for the Christmas Markets, shopping cultural etc., me for the local beer.

TA
Eddie

Welcome to Expat.com Eddie!

Hope that you'll soon be guided.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Eddi, welcome you and your wife to Berlin.
From the airport Schönefeld you can take the airportbus x7,171 or if in the night n7 to alt-
Rudow (U7, blue line) or the S- Bahn to Ostkreuz (S9). Please be aware that Schönefeld is
situated in zone C, so you need a different and more expensive ticket,
than being "in Berlin". You can find a plan of public transport, also in English on
bvg.de  . There you can also find more information about the welcome card..and find
out if that is the right card for you. I would suggest ABC for you, if you later also fly from
Schönefeld, as there is only a 2 EUR difference. So you could go to
Potsdam without paying extra. A normal trip in Berlin by bus and /or subway / s-bahn
costs 2,4 EUR. You can use the ticket for 2 hours, but only in one direction!
So you can count, what the best ticket would be. If you have any questions, it would be my
plesure to help you.

Have a nice trip to Berlin.

Oli

Thank you for your welcolme response.

We are getting the Berlin Welcolme Card  as we can then use the many discounts available with it.

Our flight times are good, both arriving and leaving mid aftrnoon.

We visited Munich last year and had a great time, so we cant wait to visit Berlin.

Again thank you for your great advice.

Eddie