Adventure Seeker Considering Southern Italy

CIAO People!

I'm starting some searching of living abroad and considered Ecuador since it's seems cheap, but I am also part Italian (Sicilian, born in America) and honestly, Italy sounds much better and a friend suggested why not Italy.    However, I heard it's getting expensive to live there.    I have never been to Italy....not yet!

I'm hoping that some serious mature people would be willing to share some great information with me they about inexpensive, active towns a single girl can investigate in southern italy.

I'm a rather unique individual and not like many Americans.  I do not own a home, own no car, live outdoors a lot, I climb, am single, do not enjoy movies or TV (I haven't owned a TV for over 3 decades), and love just to travel and chat with people and learn about them!    HOWEVER, I make over 6 figures for my salary (I work for an Oil Company)!  I am very grateful for a super good career!

In addition, I only work 2 weeks a month....   I am at the work camp for 2 weeks then I have off for 2 weeks! :cool: TOTAL FREEDOM!  So, I was thinking of finding places to live temporarily in Southern Italy for part of the year (maybe Naples or surrounding areas)--from time to time when I am not in the Oil fields at work.

My interest are rock climbing, training hard in the fitness clubs, mountain biking, coffee and learning about people and having great conversation!

I'm looking for places in Southern Italy to live that do NOT have to be fancy--not very costly places for a single woman.  Then perhaps when I no longer work I can stay there indefinitely.

Anyway, if you have some honest information to share, I would LOVE to hear from you!  Please feel free to PM me too!

GRACIE!!  :D

Hello Alpine Monkey. :)

My advice is to read the other threads on the Turin forum. You will surely find answers to what you are looking for.

If you have specific questions, do not hesitate to ask them.
We are here to advise. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie