Dentist urgently needed in Marcali area what do i look for

How do i find an emergency dentist tbh I would rather not pay extremes but my man has a big piece of tooth cracked and broken exposing nerves and it needs sorting asap.
what signs do i look for where do i go what do i ask for please ?

Hello Lesley&Yan.

This page could help - Dentists in Hungry. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

were not in budapest hun but thank you and how does it work do you just go or do you need to make an appointment and how do you pay

Dear Lesley, a good way to find things in Hungary is to translate what you looking for with Google Chroome.

Few buttons pressed and dentist is fogorvos in Hungarian.

So, type forgorvos marcali into Google and your question has an answer.
Also fogaszat means dentistry.

Good luck!

P.S. Just go to a dentistry and tell them is urgent.If you're lucky they will sort your hubby immediately.

If language is an issue, and you can not find an English speaking Dentist in Marcali (I assumed you used a search engine to search for : Marcali Hungary dentists English), I recommend you try Hévis (about 30 km away - easy to get to by bus). This is a resort town, and they have many English speaking Dentists who cater to foreign clients who come to Hévis to soak in the warm spas and get their teeth done.

Give this search a try:

Hévis Hungary dentists English

Sorry, just the proper name is "Hévíz"  (that actually sort of means hot water in outdated language.)

I would think, any local will know where a nearby dentistry is, and most young locals will know a bit of english - or so I thought?

I just did the google search for 'fogaszat' heres the result:
http://goo.gl/maps/5IQhD

You can call them and find out that way if they know english:-)

Lesley&Yan wrote:

were not in budapest hun but thank you and how does it work do you just go or do you need to make an appointment and how do you pay

You could try going to Sopron which is probably a little bit closer than Budapest. There are a lot of dentists there (servicing the Austrian market). I don't know about their language capabilities - they almost all speak German and Hungarian though. You might as well drive to Budapest.

You will need to make an appointment and they will want to be paid in cash. If you end up needing a crown or something "complex", it's almost certain that you'll need to pay for the whole thing up front. 

I've never seen a dentist in Hungary take cards but there must be some, probably in Budapest.

Well would you believe it we have found a dentist that speaks English ........ two streets away from us and we get to use our E111 or what ever its called now did have to pay a little but the worst thing was the 3.5 hour wait ...

thank you for your help x

fireroller wrote:

the proper name is "Hévíz"

You are correct. The í key is not easily available on all keyboards however, so do pardon my misspelling.

fireroller wrote:

and most young locals will know a bit of english

Not necessarily true. For example, where I live (in the country side), only one or two Hungarians I know under 30 speak English. My dentist does not speak English either.

klsallee wrote:
fireroller wrote:

the proper name is "Hévíz"

You are correct. The í key is not easily available on all keyboards however, so do pardon my misspelling.

Sure, but you wrote 'Hevis' instead of 'Heviz' which I thought would be worth pointing out to avoid confusion.
í is not as bad as finding a way to write ű - I just copy-pasted this one (am using a german laptop). oh, again off topic, i know...

klsallee wrote:

Not necessarily true. For example, where I live (in the country side), only one or two Hungarians I know under 30 speak English. My dentist does not speak English either.

Ouch:-(
Is that true for those possessing some sort of tertiary/college education (at least Fõiskola) ?
I am starting to realise that good english knowledge is worth more in Hungary than I thought. Good for me, bad for the Hungary...

I still have difficulties to picture a below 40yo dentist who speaks only german and not some english. Sopron IS a hot spot for that industry (for the huge living-cost-gradient) I hear even some german dentists moved there :-)

fireroller wrote:

you wrote 'Hevis' instead of 'Heviz'

Oops, sorry. That one went over my head, I missed the z/s issue. One of my dyslexic moments.

OK we are sorted I am going to recommend this place although it has its good and bad points a desperate situation came good for us last night Yan didnt sleep hasnt eaten for 3 days and is in such pain i went out this morning to take cash from the bank and came across a dentist 2 streets away ( ther eis also one up our road lol) anyway i came home dragged him in as the people seemed to be just turning up and waiting..
He sat there fr almost 4 hrs ( bad point) but The dentist came out and it was his turn all ready with bits of translated paper questions first question Beszél angolul? and bugger me he turned round and in PERFECT English said yes of course i do .....fantastic bits of paper went back in my pocket although i did try a little hungarian as in thank you ect

He took Yans really badly infected tooth out and gave him a prescription (he had to have 4 injections due to his pain thresholds) I was seeing HUF signs clocking up

at the end we handed over 6000 hufs !!! and another 1177 for the anti biotics....RESULT thank you all for your help just shows when you get desperate what you can pull out of the bag

so the dentist

PREVIDENT FOGÁSZATI SZOLGÁLTATÓ KFT. Orgona u. 6 MARCALI 8700
Telefon: 06-85510368

THE DENTIST YOU NEED IS CALLED HANDY (!!!! NO BULL)

Sounds like quite an unpleasant three days. Best wishes toward his rapid recovery.

its been bothering him for longer but you know toothache comes and goes then goes violent lol

thank for the good wishes x

Best wishes for the recovery!
Aparently, there is a reason why Austrians flock to Sopron.
But hey, perhaps I am biased towards my countryman(in both ways) perhaps naive... but I just cannot imagine that, in this situation, a dentist would deny you some treatment because you do not have cash handy at the moment. Perhaps it is even illegal? Being English/western european already gives you some credibility.