Police Report

Does anyone out there know how recent a State Police Report has to be prior to applying for a Resident Visa? The reason I ask this question is, I plan on re locating this coming June. I want to attend to all the legal formalities here Stateside in advance.
So, if I got the report run now, would it still be valid in June?
( and no.... I don't plan on going on a crime spree after I have my report run.) < BSEG >
Thanks,
Neil

As far as I know and based in my experience (I got my Perm residency last december), police records lasts for a year.
Shame, how did you get what we though your plans were that easily?! haha...regards.

According to this website and a document that had been provided to me by Coloaustro Abogados, 5 years.

But the fresher the better.

I met some people at my neighbors tonight who are going through the investor visa process right now. They have made multiple trips to immigration in the past weeks and will be submitting their documents tomorrow.

They said the police report can only be 90 days old now.

Thanks Nards,
That makes sense. I was thinking there must be some kind of time line. I'll just be a good boy for a few more months, and run my report right before I leave.
Thanks Again,
Neil

90 days is correct. Mine was 85 days and the officer told me that I got it in just in time as another week and I would have had to return for a fresh one!

That would've been an expensive bummer. Glad you made it through!!!
Good Luck
Neil

ZenSPIKE wrote:

That would've been an expensive bummer. Glad you made it through!!!
Good Luck
Neil

Thanks Neil...yes, that would have cost me a lot, to say nothing of the job!!!
Well, allŽs well that ends well, as they say.
Sam.

you need to get it no more than 30 days before you come. It needs to be from the state.. not local police...usually you need to get it at your state capital.need any other info im im at [email protected]

Hi, Maybe the below will be of some help to this discussion:

I am an Indian and was working in Saudi Arabia before moving here. So, all I did was to go to the Indian Consulate in Saudi Arabia and requested them for a "PCC endorsement" for Ecuador. This means that they stamp on a page in my passport the following sentence "There is nothing in the record of Mr......that should prevent him from obtaining a visa to travel to or live in any country, including Ecuador". Then they further gave me the same on a consulate letter head with my recent photograph and signature of the deputy consul across as well as below. This was accepted by the Ecuadorian Government here as a valid Police Report.

Sparticous is correct. I contacted the Ecuadorion Consulate in DC and they sent me all the info I needed for an 9-I visa, and
yes, they want the criminal background check no more than 30 days
prior to arrival.

Carl

Hey Mugs,

You're not supposed to get caught.  That's the main thing.  Man, I hate to think what would have happened if I hadn't tossed all that orange barrel out the window that time I got pulled over.  Whew!

Dr. John, The Night Tripper

Drugs are not cool in Ecuador period. Drug users will get reported. Ecuadorians have the tendency to know well everyone's affairs and police is no longer "bribable". People may think they can get away with bribing or mistreating Ecuadorians, they values and their laws, but give it time. They never forget. This is their land.

How do I go about getting a police report? I have never done it.

There won't be anything on mine more serious than traffic violations (unless they mix me up with my son -- I'm Jr, he's III -- which has happened a few times). And to whom do I apply? I'm currently in the Philippines, my legal residence is in Arizona, but I lived in Illinois for the twelve years before coming here.

I talked to the Ecuadoran Consulate in Houston today and asked about the background check and she said it needed to be from the police in the town where you reside. Hope she's right cause I paid my fee at the local police station today and ordered my report.

I asked for my background check via the DOJ

If there are recent entries on your background check then you are most likely in jail. :)

Expats with recent criminal records may not end up in jail here. At least not by Ecuadorian law enforcement, but by the country of origins. Ecuadorian authorities will report serious felonies. There are precedents already in that sense within the last 2 years.
However, should minor criminal records be in the report, Ecuadorian authorities would not even give asylum, let alone permanent residency..the docs will simply never be approved.

We just sent our paperwork in to begin processing.   As far as the Police Report goes, we were told to contact our State Patrol/Police and get a letter of record "No Record" from them.   I went online and filled in our information and ordered the letter for $20.   We then took it to the Secretary of State office and got the Apostille along with the birth and marriage certificates.  After that we took them to the Ecuadorian Consulate in San Francisco and got a "Legalization" on the documents that they deemed necessary, for $40 each.  We then sent everything in to be processed in Quito.   Next month when we arrive in Quito, we will go sign off, and turn in our pictures etc. and get the visa processed.  We were told about 6-8 weeks.   If you are already in Ecuador, you can go online and order the police report and have someone or a mailing agency forward it to you.

Hay neil remember me well im heading to cuenca in march talk to Dano and got hooked up. Thanks for that. regards Larry

Hey Larry,
Happy things are going well for you in your journey. Please keep me posted. I'm gonna be there the first of June, staying at one of Dano's units. ( are you ?)
Hope to hook up once I get in country.
Take Care
Neil

Not staying with Dano but were useing his service for a guide i hope the guy is busy moving again i think hes a nomad were staying a hostal price was right danos place was booked. regards L

been researching myself and read that it can't be over 6 months old.

90 days for your police report ...at least according to my sources ...

Susan