Knitting Yarn

Does anyone know where i can find yarn for knitting & crocheting
or is this hard to find like everything else?

There are shops for this kind of things, I go often in Sweifieh to one of these and there is another one in Downtown, big one, has a lot...I can't explain the exact location, downtown is complicated to me :)

I find it hard to find this kind of shops.
The only shops I saw was down town but they haven't not what I am looking for. I want cotton and they have only synthetic yarn, in the most awful colours.
What I found out is, a shop which sells only DMC embroidery thread. This is also in down town.
So, I am also interested to know where you can buy normal (= for me cotton) yarn.

There are two places that I known where you can buy:
there is a shop in down town where you can find really everything you need/want in different colours, shapes, sizes etc: buttons, ribbons, beans, feathers and so on.
And very cheap also.It is difficult to tell you how you gonna get there but if you want I can send you an message.

The second one is at the 7th circle: the shop is called She Can and it is at the opposite of the office from  JETT.
This is really  walhalla but expensive. For more info you can visit the bussines directory.

https://www.facebook.com/events/356515097757297/
Please read this, maybe you can help... Thank you!

I think I am the only one with no facebook...

Hello there,

I get my yarn from the Downtown from a shop  ISTANBULI or from Barakat in Gardens Street. Actually there is a small shop by the corner of a street opposite the Hussein mosque at Downtown(balad) they have quite a good variety. Let me know if you need help in locating these shops. I crochet but not knitting.

@ Umm Jacoub, I guess I know where it is.
Thanks!
Next time when I go there I stop by this shop Istanbulli.
Barakat in Gardens I don't know and to far away from me.

Primadonna wrote:

@ Umm Jacoub, I guess I know where it is.
Thanks!
Next time when I go there I stop by this shop Istanbulli.
Barakat in Gardens I don't know and to far away from me.

If you know where Jabri restaurant at Gardens street then it's just a few steps away... next to Jabri is the University bookshop and next to the bookshop is Barakat store.It used to be a big store, 2 levels but now the have downsized...still I like to go there for DMC threads and stuffs. Those stores in Balad usually carry yarns from Turkey.

Thanks again Umm Jacoub!

How is the wool yarn selection?  Has anyone seen decent wool yarn and is it priced reasonably?

Bring it from the USA, you won't regret it.

I was thinking to bring some for a sweater I wanted to make.. and then maybe vacuum pack it to squish it down.  My husband said he remembers wool yarn being available, but then said it's been years since he remembers his sisters knitting.  He figured it would be something that was pricier there than here.