Salary of teachers in Jeddah !

Hello everyone ,
By coincidence I found this site. I immediately registered here because I felt that I will get an answer to my questions.

I want to work as a teacher in an international school in Jeddah. I will be grateful if you could give me an idea about the salary a teacher could make. I have an Architecture degree and a ESL certificate. Does my Architecture degree affect on my salary?

Is there any possible way to work from home as an architect here in Jeddah ?

Thank you for your help and generosity .

Rana

hi Rana,

it should be around 7000 saudi riyals. which school will you apply to or have you agreed to work for.

cheers

Thank you for responding
I have applied for JIS ( Jeddah International School ) and DJS ( Dar Jana School )
I heard hat these two schools are one the best. So I'm still waiting ...
But I asked for 1800$ This is less than 7000SR, Isn't it ?

Any recommendation for other schools ? 

Regards,

6750 sr. I looked it up on oando currency converter.

any other recommendations...hmm lets seee. I really dont know. I will be working at King abdulazziz university for similar salary.

do you get accommodation???

nope. 7k SAR is like 1866

ranneh3 wrote:

Hello everyone ,
By coincidence I found this site. I immediately registered here because I felt that I will get an answer to my questions.

I want to work as a teacher in an international school in Jeddah. I will be grateful if you could give me an idea about the salary a teacher could make. I have an Architecture degree and a ESL certificate. Does my Architecture degree affect on my salary?

Is there any possible way to work from home as an architect here in Jeddah ?

Thank you for your help and generosity .

Rana

To work as an architect is a bit difficult, especially if you plan to work with 3D max or any other graphic design software or draw with autocad because  Indian are doing well in this field with low cost.

There are design offices and consulting one which you maybe interested in but they  need to meet  clients and visit sites.

So teaching is the right step for you in this circumstances and finding a position in an international school with good saliry would be not that easy.

By the way try to visit all job seeking site like bayt and monster, wish you the best in your job seeking.

Regards,
Amjad

Meanwhile I don't have any job oppurtunity but still seeking for one.

Amjad, thank you for your advise but, it seems that working here is a bit difficult but who knows. Chances are there and we must catch them ...

It is so sad when you spend 5 or 7 years in you life studying and working in you field then cercumstances force you to work in another field with low salary !!!!

ranneh3 wrote:

Hello everyone ,

Is there any possible way to work from home as an architect here in Jeddah ?[/b]

If your architecture degree is a masters or PhD, you might be able to teach architecture at one of the local universities.  However, if it's a BA, it may be tough for you to get hired for an EFL position because your degree isn't related to English, education, TEFL, etc. Of course, you could always research the specific schools you're interested and apply anyway.  Otherwise, it's difficult to say what salary your qualifications would get you, if you even qualify at all. 

What about teaching math instead of English?

Hi rammeh,

One of the most important this is what country you and your degree are from. That will have a lot to do with what your salary will be. one of my first jobs overseas I worked with a person from Morocco, she had a masters at the time and I, an American has only my BS at the time. My salary was over 1000 US a month more than hers.
Another thing you may want to do is look into getting a CELTA or a TEFL. It takes about 30 days and with that you can teach in a university. When I worked at PNU most of the teachers I worked with didnt have an education related degree. I had one that had a degree in art with the focus on pottery. So this to me shows they will hire most people as long as they have some type of a degree.
The pay for working at a university is usually higher and the work hours are less.
An international school has different rules. While they will hire a person that is their on the husbands or wifes Iqama with an unrelated degree they usually wont hire a person and bring them in without one. The MOE has to approve the person in order for them to get a visa and one of the requirement is a degree in Education.

Just keep searching, you will get it at the end hopefully.

Just keep in mind when you start your first job you will get stick with this field for your next ten years :), and if you decide to change it you will start again almost like fresh graduate.

choosing wither to work in teaching or in architecture would decide your job track in life, so be wise and don't rush :).

Finaly, it depends on your plan for the next years, are you looking for long term job or just want to fill your time with anything useful?

Make your mind.

Regards,

Dears , I found this by chance like ranna, I have a question need a reply for tomorrow , so plz  help me, I'm admitting in  one of the most reputable schools in Jeddah , an international school , for a chemistry teacher for higher grades , I'm a pharmacist with 4 years teaching experience in chemistry , I excelled in the presentation demo , I want to know what salary to ask for , I have a semi master degree , passed part one and part two in final process , so this is taken in consideration and I'm fluent in English written and spoken using the American accent , please tell me , coz I'm afraid I down estimated my expected salary , and they ask me for a meeting for agreeing on salary stuff plus the school is Saudi I think ,these ones give higher salaries too,,,,, so is it an 8,000 or more , and if I down estimated my expected salary is it possible to negotiate and get more or  they won't give more than what I wrote, and what shall I say exactly in the meeting for salary agreement

What advantages shall I expect about transportation , medical insurance , tickets and schooling for kids, shall I include in my expected salary or ask for it separately

Rana , is it your first teaching experience ? Anyways if u r presentable , fluent in English , talented in teaching , like it and can take its hardships , go for it , I also know that engineers hear can work in agencies as designers , but I dnt know exactly , new teachers not less than 5 , if u have the traits I told before that's my viewpoint not  one I'm sure of , as I'm not so much into this , I'm trying to get to know too thanks

Sorry  , but i dont want to be negative or anything but i think mashaa allah its a good salary to start with ^_^

Just apply for it and seek for something better soon .

Take care

I managed to get a teaching job in an international school i'm happy with it but wished for higher salary ... But usually in schools the range is between 2500-4000 SR
That's what i heard about since I worked there are some exceptions for those who have an European nationality ... I think that their salary might be more than 5000 so if you had the chance to teach upper grades with a common salary it would be perfect !!!
We always aim for the better but we have to stick to what we have at least for the time being ...
Thanks for all of your support guys
Regards,

They say that life is about chances ... When you find one take until you find the other ...

Another thing I must mention that your degree is not important as much as your fluency in English , presence and confidence !

Wish u all the best

[moderated: pls post an ad in the jobs section]

Salaam. I am Ruqyia Batool from Pakistan. I have done BS(CS) from University of Wah,Wah Cantt Pakistan. I want to become a teacher of computer sciences or want to do job in computer section in Jaddah.
cheers

ranneh3 wrote:

I managed to get a teaching job in an international school i'm happy with it but wished for higher salary ... But usually in schools the range is between 2500-4000 SR
That's what i heard about since I worked there are some exceptions for those who have an European nationality ... I think that their salary might be more than 5000 so if you had the chance to teach upper grades with a common salary it would be perfect !!!
We always aim for the better but we have to stick to what we have at least for the time being ...
Thanks for all of your support guys
Regards,

THis is true. I was offered a job just this week ( I am  Asian ) and I received the same salary range offer + basic benefits e.g health benefits, accommodation, transpo etc.

I haven't signed yet though.

They say that you usually get an increase of salary over time.

Hello Ranneh,
First of all, good luck finding suit school meets your needs of the wage you looking for.
Also, Dar Jana, is a good school according to my relatives who studying in there.
If you think you are qualified to teach in there I can manage a meeting with the Executive Manger there since I know him.

Please let me know so I can have him look in your file if you left it there.

Regards,
Taz

I am professional Egyption Math teacher , work in American school in Jeddah and offer my self to work private ..... thanks

at a university/college like Effat University (where they have an English academy and a school of Architecture) you can earn about 12000 SAR/month without a Ph.D. So if you have a master's you might be able to teach at a college.

Riyadh treat foreigners like rubbish.  They will promise you and that but once you are there, you will be very miserable.  You need to understand the culture there and you must insist of them giving you money so that you get your own accommodation.  A good accommodation there is SAR150 000 per year and issues like school fees will for English syllabus is SAR80 000 per year.  They may not allow you to go home within first 6 months.

Hi Mothopo01,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for sharing your experiences here on the forum but please note that our aim and ambition is to help people who want to live abroad, wherever they are in the world, and wherever they would like to live :)

So please feel free to share some positive experience too as it might be useful for the members.. lets keep a spirit of mutual help :)

Maximilien

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

Fair enough but at the same time people should be given accurate information about the country they will be working in.  Maybe the first sentence but i still believe the rest are true.  I have been there during 2011 and i saw few teachers being depressed about the state of the situation.  Nurse are relatively OK since they are being given a better accommodation especially KFMC and National Guard which is even more liberal.

I am new in Jeddah and have a decent job with a decent salary. I would like to bring my wife, but being a working woman in India, she would like to work in Jeddah. She is presently in Hospitality field. How easy will it be for her to get a job . Salary is not that inportant, but getting engaged in some work is the need.

Getting a job in that field for a non-Saudi female will be very difficult.  Go visit some 4 and 5 star hotels and ask if they would consider your wife.  Another option is event management companies.

Thanks for your advise.

Im on the same boat.. :(

I am interested to work in jeddah colleges. I am in ME computer science. Having 7 yrs.teaching experience in reputed engineering colleges. Let me know any urgent openings

Thanks

Hello nethra kesavan and welcome on board ,

I suggest you to create your cv in our section Teaching jobs in Jeddah to increase your chances of being contacted whenever there will be a vacancy.

Regards

Kenjee

can anyone tell me salary structure of Alfurat school jeddeh.i got an interview call from school,but i m living in jizan and if salary would be 5000-6000 then only i go for interview.becoz it is too far from jizan.
and also i want to know that i m an MBA want a job in Effat University,did they give job to non PHD.

This thread is old I doubt you will get a response. Have you looked on their website to see if they post it/\???

dear rana
the most important is you esl degree depending on your nationality,the salary matches.if u need more detals , i am in the same field contact me

Greetings All,

I am an Engineering Graduate residing in Jeddah with my family. I am here on  dependent visa of my husband. Can i apply for Teaching jobs in any of International Schools in Jeddah . I had an one year experience as a Teacher in one of the international School in India. How i can apply teaching jobs here in jeddah and if it so , how much will be the average monthly salary.Please guide me friends.

@Miy : I Advice you also create a seperate Thread for this !

hii evry 1

can any body help me out

Im B.Sc, B.Ed candidate, having 4 years of experience as a mathematics teacher for higher classes (in Hyderabad).

now i would lyk to apply for any reputed international school in Riyadh

plz suggest me list of international  schools in Riyadh, Madina, Makkah & also the expected salary for the same post

and evn let me know from when the academic year commences

You can do that research yourself - google: international schools + desired city and you will be able to find the international schools. The expected salary differs from schools and the level of their need to hire you. 

farah011 wrote:

hii evry 1

can any body help me out

Im B.Sc, B.Ed candidate, having 4 years of experience as a mathematics teacher for higher classes (in Hyderabad).

now i would lyk to apply for any reputed international school in Riyadh

plz suggest me list of international  schools in Riyadh, Madina, Makkah & also the expected salary for the same post

and evn let me know from when the academic year commences