About Doctors

hello i hope to be moving to tunisia by april next year.as i,m a diabetic and on daily medication i need to know about doctors and insurance and indeed any other info about living in tunisia thankyou ann jones.

Hi  annjo and welcome to the forum!

A new thread has been created on Sousse forum for better visibility.;)

Wish you Good luck,
Harmonie.

@lorando- you could give information on the forum so that all members can benefit from it. Thank you.

Hi Everyone!

I am new to Tunisia and I just wanted to know if Anne managed to source a good doctor to see?  I don't have any medical issues, but would like to know in general what you found out about the medical care and availability of English speaking doctors in general. I am moving here from Kuwait which has an abundance of good hospitals and clinics, all speaking English and up to international standards.  What can I expect here? Is there a Medical School in Tunisia?  I know that there are good doctors, but like anywhere, even the States, finding one is not easy!

By the way, what is the emergency number to call for fire, ambulances, police, etc?

Thanks!

I moved to Kerkennah about 3 years ago and am Diabetic.I have had no problems buying my medication which is extremely cheap apart from Simvastatin.Testers etc are reasonable.Kerkennah is way behind the rest of Tunisia but even here we had no problem finding an english speaking Doctor.All seem pretty well up to date with current  diets etc.Don't worry about being Diabetic here,

Hi, what's new ?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]