Please help!!

hi i am currently still living in the uk but my boyfreind is living and working in shanghai.after christmas myself and my daughter are planning on moving out there to be with him,but we desperatly need help and info on schools.if any one knows of any that are not going to bankrupt us please let me know.my boyfriend is living in the pudong area.if anyone has children and has been through a move and help and advise would be so greatly appreciated.many thanks:)

thankyou sourire that is a lot of help i will do so.my boyfriend has been there just over a month and is still settling in himself,hes made lots of friends through his job and through networking which all helps but i am yet to know anyone.natasha

Hi there!
Pudong is big... and lots of traffic.. so you wanna make sure to be more specific than just Pudong. There are lots of expat schools in Pudong, and if you are going to move close to Jinqiao, Pudong, then there are american schools etc. There is a mixed school as well, called Golden apple (close to Jinqiao area) where my gf's nephew is attending school. Look it up!

If you are certain about your move, then register on the Shanghai Mamas forum group where you will be able to get all the info you want from expats who currently live here in Shanghai.
Here is the link. You need to be a member to post but its a great bunch of people, very helpful.

groups.yahoo.com/group/ShanghaiMamas/

Good luck..
esther

thankyou ever so much for your help its much appreciated.I will look up the school and def join the mothers group.take care
natasha

Hi, China isn't scary, if u meet anything that really annoys u or conflict with your culture, you can always say no and refuse. there are lots of unpleasant here, but also nice people and food. One of my friend is teaching in an international pre-school in Shanghai, I can check it out for u. And of cause anything else if i can help u to settle down in Shanghai.