New to Russia

Moving to Moscow in a few months. My husband started a company in Moscow about 2 years ago, and we are considering to move.
How have other Americans settled in Moscow? Is it easy to meet other Americans? How has the experience been thus far?

Hello susieq0726 and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Moscow forum for better visibility.;)

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.:)

Hope that other members will also share their experience with you.

Best of Luck,
Harmonie.

Hello there,

Generally business is very good in moscow, i am not sure the how the americans gathere in Moscow. there are some ways to move the company. a discussion is required.
Regards
Saoud Safi

susieq0726 wrote:

Moving to Moscow in a few months. My husband started a company in Moscow about 2 years ago, and we are considering to move.
How have other Americans settled in Moscow? Is it easy to meet other Americans? How has the experience been thus far?

Yes, it is easy. The easiest way is to find some of them at Hard Rock Cafe. Once you find some one, you will find a chain-link.

I work in the hotel and I'd say 80% of our guests is from the US. I think they are doing great. They do experience some problems in the beginning like for ex with transportation, cuz nothing is in English, or with restautants and cafees, but that's only at the first time. I think the most important thing is not to be scared of anything.

Hi AnnaOsha, where do you work exactly ?