Make friends in Moscow

Hi there!
I'm Olga, 38 y.o.
I'm Russian but I used to live in Cyprus and in London. Living abroad, I got used to having international friends, so I'm interested in making friends with expats & global minds here in Moscow now.
Would like to get in touch with people who share the same interests and experiences.
What I'm keen on:
- filming videos (comedy, have some video light and a green background for shooting, just in case)
- playing the guitar and piano (I'm a begginer though xx)
- walking around and taking pictures (Am I texting this? xx Seems like I've never done it before, but I like it nevertheless xx)
- eating out at cafes, restaurants, visiting bars and pubs
- socializing (that's the most important thing of all, should have written it on the first line xx)
- Just remembered, I'm so interested in psychology, personal development and so on.

I'm usually free on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon and evening.
Despite having friends 25 y.o. and over, I guess it's perfect to have friends of someone's age or so. So I would really like to meet men and women 35 and over (but it's not that strict though xx).

Please feel free to contact me anytime. Send me a private message, according to the rules of this website. I'll be happy to reply.

Looking forward to meeting new English-speaking friends from all over the world!

Hi Olga,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for this excellent introduction.
These details you have shared with the audience might definitely help you to make some new acquaintances very soon. :)

Cheers,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hi, I was in Moscow now I moved away. Though still in Russia. Sure I think we can be good friends. I am planning to come to Moscow. Perhaps we can meet then?

@Olga Msc Hi

Hello kabengelej50,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that @Olga Msc has not been on the forum since November last year.

Since you are new here, I advise you to introduce yourself on the discussion New members of the Russia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Olga Msc

I will be moving to Moscow in February and I am 100% of everything you looking for in a friend.

forgive my manners i did not introduce myself.

My name is Asiedu Osumar and from Ghana (West Africa)

my social media handles are as follows

Waiting on your reply soon

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Olga Msc hello Olga ! I'm Pascale from France. I live with my daughter in the south of France but we plan to go away from here and we are very impatient to arrive and live in Russia. We don't know if we will leave in Moscow or Saint Petersburg but we are absolutely decided to more in Russia. We'll come in 2 or 3 years and we would have preferred Saint Petersburg but I search a long time on the net and I understood that the academy of medicine doesn't have an English section for foreigners and Rose, my daughter, wants to become a neurologist or cardiologist… so if we can't choose we'll leave in Moscow and Sechenov university has an English médecine section. I saw that students can also learn Russian in just one year, they have 40 hours each week to learn Russian language so in 10 months they are bilingual Russian. So we hesitate to spend a year just for her to learn Russian and after this she will be able to try to become neurologist in a Russian university and so we could leave in Saint Petersburg. I think also she will be happier if she can understand all the students in the university and not only students who are speaking English but sincerely I'm really not sure she will obtain the exam to begin her medicine in Russian… I think she'll maybe spend this year to learn but at the end she ll try English medicine in Moscow and Russian medicine in Saint Petersburg and we'll wait and see if she will obtain one or the other university.

the most important is to obtain one because it's her passion for a very long time.

mit will be more difficult for me to find friends without speaking Russian. How did you do when you arrived here ? Did you speak Russian before your arrival or did you learn it after ? Is it difficult to understand and to speak ? It's so different from our language in France…

so if you want we can write each other but if we are sure to come we have to wait the end of the war first and wait that Rose has her bachelor diploma ( she prepares a double high diploma: French and American in the same time, so she will be English bilingual when we'll come and during these 3 years I need to have a better English and I will begin to learn Russian in September. Like you we love photography and I love history, I know some parts of Russian history too.

i would have stopped working when we'll come and I'm a little stressed to have difficulties to find friends without working. At the beginning I just hope to find some expats who will speak English… I read that Russians don't speak English or if they speak they are young and I'm 50 years old, do you agree with this ?

i stop now writing I have so many questions but let me know if you want to speak and maybe become friends. I wish you the best 👋

@Yoginee hello ! I saw this too late and my mail was sent… could you please explain to me how I can speak with people who are living in Russia, I don't mind if they are Russian or expat, but I don't see a lot of people here … is it normal? Or maybe do I have to find them in another forum? Could you please help me? Thank you very much 👋

Hello paddie2,

If you speak French, you can check the Forum Russie. There is some activity there1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Olga Msc hi olga i want to go Russia and work as a nurse... Can get job in Russia

@Aminaba Kontomire hii amina i will come Russia in 4 to 5 month ... Can i get a job as nurse in russia

Hello Jishan Sultan,

Do you speak russian ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna no.. I don't speak... But want to learn speak Russian language

@Olga Msc hi

I'm thinking about moving to Russia from New Zealand.

I just want to know if you think it would be possible for me to find work being unable to speak Russian?

My ex-wife and 3 year old son are living by the black sea.

I hope you have found some friends from your post.

Regards

Karl

Corporate (Industrial Investor, Manufacturer /  Excecutive welcomes  interested fellows for mutual corporate relations.

GOD Bless

Goddy

@Olga Msc   your narrative is commendable please leave a message

With the atmosphere that exists now in Russia regarding the war, I do not think it is a good idea to visit that country or support its people.