Expected salary for an Associate Professor

I have been offered Associate Professor position in a renowned university in Jeddah with a monthly salary of SAR 21000 plus yearly accommodation allowance SAR 25000 and monthly transport allowance SAR 600. I have more than 20 years of teaching experience in a medical university in Pakistan with postgraduate qualifications (Masters and PhD). Is this salary package congrent to my exparience and qualifications?

Salary scales in KSA are quite dependent on many different factors apart from experience, qualification etc. Contrary to the local law of no-discrimination, the salary here, practically, does depend on the nationality, race etc.

Being a Pakistani national with 20yrs+ experience, I see 21,000 pm a little below the median; not too low though.

The housing allowance, as per KSA labor law, must be 3 basic salaries. I feel some discrepancy in there.

an SR gets 18000 and an consultant gets 30000/month if he is fcps too.. so u can rate yourself.. HRA is quite low it should have been around 60000 at the least..im not sure you are fellow also or just phd..

ehhhh that sounds decent

no its not that decent.. consultants in cardiology take even upto 100000 per month ! infact one angiplasty wud take it to same amount in few hours !!! but if you are a consultant then regardless of your nationality you should get "atleast" 30000/month with HRA 60000/annually.. any thing below it is inhuman and disgrace to your fellowship..

are they non westerner?

and its a teaching job
not medical....cant really compare the two fields.
MANY teachers, not AS many qualified medical

Freshlikesushi wrote:

are they non westerner?

and its a teaching job
not medical....cant really compare the two fields.
MANY teachers, not AS many qualified medical

YES! non westerns ! and a consultant having fellowships can be an AP too in his affiliated Med university on the same time, being an consultant in the teaching hospital! They are HODs too occasionally.. thats how it works!

we will see.

he doesnt say it is a medical university, so for all we know he is teaching english

Freshlikesushi wrote:

we will see.

he doesnt say it is a medical university, so for all we know he is teaching english

hmm.. may be ! PHD as APs are mostly in med universities.. a PHD in english with AP status?? sounds weird..

if he is Master and PHD in english then the pay is decent enough.. true !

Hello Everyone,
I have MPhil and PhD in Economics, with two years of postdoctoral experience. I am considering Assistant Professorship in Economics in Jeddah. My postdoc experience has no teaching so basically I have no university-level teaching experience. As an African residing in Africa, how much salary is ideal to quote in case I am asked about the expected salary.
Thanks.