EXPAT BLOG CURRY CLUB

Hi All,

Up until recently we had all been meeting up on a regular basis for a dinner, maybe a movie, and some other random activities, as part of the Expat.com Meet-up Group: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=104022

I would like to say for me, personally, the meet group was a success because when I first arrived in Abu Dhabi last summer I knew no one, and now I have met wonderful new friends through this group.

The group was targeted at those people who were new to the city, and quickly wanted to find their feet, or those who maybe found it difficult to interact with others, and on this front the group provided a safe and organised way of meeting new people and making new friends. You can also use it for networking within your own industries, but on a more social basis. I have welcomed people from various backgrounds, industries, and nationalities.

Running the meet group on a weekly basis became quite stressful for me, and has now got to the point where I now run it once a month, rather than once every week.

But a new idea has emerged, and that is to run separate, smaller clubs, related to specific activities.

This particular post is targeted at those who have an interest in eating out, and don't mind a spicy curry.

I have been working with a number of Indian restaurants here in Abu Dhabi, who have decided to aid me in creating a brand new Curry Club.

The idea is to eventually go through every Indian restaurant in Abu Dhabi, and who knows once we are done we could even move on to other restaurants. So once every three weeks you will all have the chance to become that 'infamous' food critic you have always wanted to be. I am working currently trying to see if I can Abu Dhabi Weekly or Timeout Magazine on board, so that we can be their official food critics, and do some reviews.

I am currently trying to develop enough of an interest so that we can get this started. So if you think you could give up one night every three weeks to come and enjoy some good food and company, as well as meet some new people, and hopefully make some new friends, then why not write back on here.

If you would like any further information, then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Mohit

Hi pabbm,
Curry club sounds good. My husband like curry.
Any updates on Curry club?

Hi Alex,

Great to hear from you.

The next one will be at the end of this month or first week of September, so I will be in touch about the details.

Is this the best place to contact you?

Regards,

Mohit

Alexregan wrote:

Hi pabbm,
Curry club sounds good. My husband like curry.
Any updates on Curry club?