Vonage OR Skype - Need advice

I'm moving to Beijing in a month and would like to hear successful telcom solutions.  I need a way for people to call from US to China (for free) and for me to call either their landlines or mobile cheaply.

Who's using what provider and what have are your recommendations?

Use skype. Works very well. You can even have packages to call flat to landlines and mobiles in many countries.

I agree with Pscl, do use skype, it will save you a great deal of money……

Use skype, it's a great service and very cheap. If you call one particular country on a regular basis then get a premium membership, it allows unlimited calls to cellulars and landlines in a country of your choice.

I use my iphone to call international. I spent a lot of time googling for the cheapest rate but Im worried about posting the provider's name here for fear of getting banned.  PM me for info. 

Btw, you will have to download one of free web-based app onto your iphone (or similar device), as you will need an interface to where you will do the dialing.  I use MobileVOIP.  Remember it is just a dialer app and you still have to buy airtime. 

PM me and I can tell you where to buy airtime with low calling rates.  Or I can just post the vendor's name here if it's not against forum rules :)