Blackberry help

Hi guys

anyone knows how to get my Blackberry work in China? which carrier you guys use ?

Thanks

If you're using the GSM version of the Blackberry you will be able to use it in China (via China Mobile).

However, you will incur roaming charges and maybe per message charges.

If you want to get a China mobile local SIM card you will have to make sure that the phone is ulocked and then register for BES et cetera

Why would I be charged with roaming charges if I am using a local Chinese network?

And how does GSM work in China when it's not supported there?

I have spoken to my local provider about this and they have informed me that as long as my phone uses GSM, any BB services like email and BBM will not work there even if I am using wi-fi. The browser will work and some third party apps.

I am getting alot of conflicting info about this. Please clarify.

I have an Android not a Blackberry. My answer was based on information given to me Research in Motion (RIM are the manufacturers of Blackberry)senior staff in Beijing.

Blackberry will not work in China ; as they do not have BIS packages at the moment.

China Mobile does have a BES package but you need to have company documents in order to apply; and it is quite expensive.

I read somewhere that China Unicom will have BIS service; but I am not sure if its going to work on a GSM blackberry - I'm using a bold 9700; but I have it activated in Thailand; and it works for me using wifi only (no data roaming charge).

Manlin wrote:

I have an Android not a Blackberry. My answer was based on information given to me Research in Motion (RIM are the manufacturers of Blackberry)senior staff in Beijing.

RIM senior staff in Beijing should be ashamed of themselves. Been in Beijing for 7 months now. The only time my Blackberry has worked was when my local SIM was still on roaming - costing too much money.

Answer to all this: China is DEFINITELY NOT a Blackberry nation.

?? Blackberry works perfect in China! Both, China Unicom and China Mobile offers BB services.

Feima hi,

Can you explain the process.

1. Buy an unblocked Blackberry (or get it unlocked).
2. Purchase a local SIM card.

next steps please. What packages/services do you have to request from China Mobile / China Unicom and what is the cost

feima wrote:

?? Blackberry works perfect in China! Both, China Unicom and China Mobile offers BB services.

Amazing. Won't believe it until I see it.

Hey! I got an unlocked BB.

China mobile has two packages :

98RMB/month with 30MB usage
108RMB/month with 50MB usage

To activate you can send KTBIS98 (for 98rmb plan) or KTBIS108 (for 108rmb plan) to 10086.

@ Yellow Tube whether Feima's solution worked for you.