Driving license in Ivory Coast

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Ivory Coast?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in Ivory Coast?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

If you already have a drivers license, you can change your license into a international license, which most travels like myself have. =-) you can get more information on this at any local motor place.

But yes you can get a license here in the Ivory Coast, all you need is your passport, and 1 document about your background considering criminal records and other stuff. <- this is only for those who are not Ivorian ^_^

Thanks Mimi for the details explanation

I'm also interested in getting a license, I have an international one from the uk but have been told that it's not accepted here. To get an Ivorian license, do I need to take a new test and go through lessons etc?

a

ruthprofanglais wrote:

I'm also interested in getting a license, I have an international one from the uk but have been told that it's not accepted here. To get an Ivorian license, do I need to take a new test and go through lessons etc?

Hi Ruth, hope you're doing great.
I think the best thing to do is to go to the CGI headquarters (in Angre) and ask them about the procedure to convert your passport into the Ivorian requirements!
But I don't think you'll have to take the test again...

Thanks for the information