Should I come to Yemen now?

I'm looking for the right place to carry out a research grant in the middle east. Yemen seems so interesting but would I be welcome or scorned as an American woman?

I'm a photojournalist but my grant would be more about social living I don't have to arrive as a photojournalist I can come as a scholar for my grant

. I haven't been about to find much info about journalists in Yemen and wonder what is going on. 

I know there was protesting last year 2011 but would like to know if things have settled down.  How are feelings towards Americans such as myself- American woman?  The news is so sporadic and unreliable it's hard to know.   I would appreciate any objective and honest first hand information. I would love to come to Yemen but I also want to feel safe enough to walk down a street with my camera. thank you . please email me at   sbjorkgren    at    Yahoo.com   please feel in the spaces and change at to @. I'm trying to avoid spam. 

thanks in advance

yes you are welcome

I'm thinking of visiting Sana'a old city in November for 3days from Japan...
What is the situation currently in Sana'a? I wouldn't be in danger if I stay most of the time in the old city? I even worry the road from the airport to Sana'a...