Meeting People in Bahir Dar and Addis

I will be in Ethiopia again in June and would like to know if there are organizations located in these cities which can facilitate the introductions to like-minded people.  Being a part-time resident seems to only place me in contact with folks of the tourist trade. Meeting a proper, educated lady with employment would be a pleasant change.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joseph

Hi,

We are moving to Addis and would like to know what things we should make sure we bring but things we really don't need as well.  Can you please tell us a little about if from an American's point of view?

Thanks,

Natalie

Hello Natalie,

I am from Texas, visited Ethiopia many times but have not lived there.  My reason for posting the questions on this Blog is to gather information to help me better decide  if I want to live in Ethiopia.

I can give some general information and maybe answer specific questions, if I knew what they were.

Addis is not cheap, if you plan to maintain average U.S. standards.  You will find little value for the money with most goods or services purchased.  After you live there and find your own niche, I am sure you will learn the system and be more satisfied than if you were only a tourist visiting 3-4 weeks at a time. 

Good luck

Joseph