Expat blog gatherings in Addis Ababa

Hi all!

What about meeting the other Addis Ababa Expat.com members in real life? Organizing an Expat.com meet up would be an excellent way to know them! :)

An Expat.com meet up can be a diner gathering, having coffee, a bring and share in a nice place, a cultural or sports activity, etc. There are plenty of possibilities: just imagine a pleasant way to meet new people and old friends from Expat.com.

Feel free to organize Expat.com get-togethers in Addis Ababa: you would meet the other members in a friendly atmosphere and have a good time together!

Of course, we could offer some help to organize your meet up and to inform the community.

So, who's in? Do not hesitate to start a new thread to suggest an Expat.com gathering in Addis Ababa. ;)

Best,

Julien

hi there julien,

that is a great idea to have such an event. i am new here in the blog but been here in addis ababa for 2 years now working in a private clinic.

hope to be part of the event there are interested expat...

Hi, all, I am currently working in KSA but my company is relocating me to a large project in Addis, I have been across a few times now and enjoyed my time there after the initial shock!!
Thing is that I am probably the only Brit on the project so the idea of meeting up with ex pats is absolutely essential for me.
I plan to be full time in Addis in early september so I will watch this thread with interest.
Al

Hi Julian I will be happy to organise such a meet up it is a great idea.

Hello all.

Do not hesitate to propose a date (2 or 3 weeks in advance), an hour and a place. Other members might be interested. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I AM ALSO IN FOR SUCH A MEET.

Welcome to Expat.com birinder!

Could you please lower Caps lock when writing in the forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie.;)

Hi, have any events been organised? Anything upcoming?

Would be great to meet people for coffee etc if anyone is interested.

Vita

Great idea! :)

sounds great idea..
let me know the info

There is a diplomatic Bazaar at the Millennium Hall on Saturday November 24, 2012. Maybe you can use that event to meet up.

I hope i can make it to Ethiopia before you meet....would be great to learn from expats and to make contacts there (locals and expats alike).....so consider me in once im there....sometime later this month hopefully

Hi all. You know last Sunday I had my 1st Expat meet. I, Mrs Bindhu, and Afsal. We sat at the Golf Club at Tore Hailoch. We had a very good discussion about life in Ethiopia. Ate Pizza and Pasta. It was a nice day spent. It was at such a short notice that I could not inform others though from next time I would like to if anyone's interested.

on 1st and 2nd dec there will be bazaar in tropical garden area..
see ya!

I don't think someone is organizing the expat gatherings. I have been seeing the post but nothing is happening. Everybody is just saying PLEASE LET ME KNOW I AM INTERESTED... but in truth no one is planning about it...