Properties

Hi
I was wondering what the property market is like in KL... as I understand foreigners (I am in the UK at mom)  are able to buy in KL.... what are the prices like (in USD please) for a 2-3 bedroom appartment in good areas in KL? Anything to watch out for in the buying process?  And how much would you pay to rent in comparison?

Many tks

Hi markimark123,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do not hesitate to have a look at other threads on the Kuala Lumpur forum.

Best of luck,
Christine

Dear Mark

the foreigners can buy property only above 500000RM which is around 130K euro there are plenty of properties to buy new or secondary market. You need to do your own research.

ROI are around 5%

Cheers
Ladislav

Hi 500k rm in Malaysia don't get you much these days. Prices sky rocketed over last few years and crash bound to happen.

Rental yields on condos reflect their annuity like nature - condos here can be shabby after a few years and rents drop.

Yields are net 3% now after costs. Is in PJ at least. Actually not so attractive 30k annual rent on a place costing 800k and after allowing for costs actually maybe less than 3%. personally I think that means prices are over extended in KL/pj as inflation is about 3% and that means real return is from capital appreciation but prices can't keep doubling every 3 years like they did around KL in parts. But try telling that to local crazy investors

i personally think that bukit jalil is an ideal area for investment at the moment. i've calculated based on previous transaction record and looking at the environmental and amenities nearby, im very confident to buy a property there and seeking for 15%~25% capital appreciation annually and gross rental return at 5~6% annually.