Move to Kuwait to Teach?

Hi everyone,

My name is Kadra and I recently got a job offer to teach highschool science in Kuwait. I am a Canadian teacher and a bit nervous on making a big move!

How is life in Kuwait? Is it safe for single teachers? Are women allowed to travel alone? I am new to this forum and hoping to find all the answeres to my million questions :P

Thanks!
Kadra

hello and welcome aboard the EB train Kadra; there are plenty of teachers on the forum, and plenty of single females too :) working in Kuwait is apparently the Canadian dream - feel free to browse thru the forum and read up on all the advice that was discussed previously in terms of safety and wellness for single ladies. if u have any other Qs, please do not hesitate to ask :)

Thanks Legacy :)

Hi Kadra,

Didn't know you were on this forum, that's good! You'll find lots of info here. I've replied to your message, hope my information will be useful.

Take care

Hey Kadra! Welcome to Kuwait! Kuwait is not that bad! Yes women are allowed to walk alone but you better not! You better accompany someone whenever you go out, coz it's not very safe! Specially at night you better stay in the home......or go out with a guy always. Just take care!

Thanks everyone! Sahar. I've replied!

Hi Kadra

First, wish you good luck with your new decision to move to Kuwait. It is a big step but I think single women who make such decisions are usually strong mature women who know what they want. So I wouldn't worry about you. =)

As for your questions, Kuwait is pretty much a safe country, Middle East countries are one of the safest countries in fact. Crime and felony rates are the lowest compared to other parts of the world but you have to understand that there aren't any angels walking on earth.

Just make sure that you don't walk alone at night or walk in deserted areas.

Don't give away your trust for free. Even co-workers or people in your close circle. It's best to never be satisfied with someone as a friend until you have tested his/her morals.

Good luck