Affordable hotels in dammam for weekend!!

My fam and I would like to spend a wknd in dammam / khobar (we've never been that side yet)
We'll be driving from Riyadh with our two small boys. Where would we be able to find nice, affordable accommodation preferably at the beach.
And with regards to travelling, is there anything in specific that we need to know about the road??
Thanks in advance!!

Well, I've heard that you're crusing along when suddenly there can be a speed bump (not painted yellow or anything) in a stretch of road in the middle of the desert!  If you hit this full speed, you can do some real damage to your car.

So, be alert for speed bumps (oh, and wandering camels).

@AC: not on the main highway. :D But yeah a few in the roads there are.

@PS: There are a lot of options for you if you are staying over the weekend.
_ if you are looking for a cheap clean room, there isthe option of the gulf terrace hotel. there are two hotels of the same name, one is beside the le meridian, on the same road and one is behind the Le Meridian, the one in the back is what is close to the corniche.

Cheers!

Posting this again because thread is duplicated.

Be very cautious while driving. There are certain highway "rules" between drivers that you need to be aware of. Never drive on the left most lane unless you are faster than the cars behind you. You'll find some crazy drivers on the left lane, driving as fast as 180-200 KM/h. Stay away from them. If you need to pass the car infront of you, do it, but only when the left lane is clear, and you know it's clear. I'd also avoid traveling at night.

Don't exceed 120KM/h to be safe (speed limit), as there are some hidden high-speed cameras on the road. A friend of mine over the course of a couple of months had a balance of 9k SR of unpaid tickets. He didn't even know he had them. He has business in Dammam so he goes back and forth.

There's also the option of taking the train to the eastern province. Safe and cheap if you don't mind renting a car once you get there, or taking taxis.

Stay safe.

you able to check RAMADA in Khobar, it's just afront of Corniche

it has nice accomidation as 2 floors with like 550 Riyals per day maybe a bit less or more.

and if you gonna stay in Dammam, check Poudel, or Golden Tuilp,

they are afront of Dammam Cornich as well with a good rate.

i recommend yout o go to Dhahran mall, Half moon, take a walk in Cornich, i bet you will enjoy in eastern area once you get familier with it.

Thanks so much to all!!
Your help is greatly appreciated!!

the road from Riyadh to dammam is better then south african rouads :) (i am south african too). average time about 3 and half hours for safe driving. for cheap hotel accomodation, you can check out next to rashid mall there are many self catering apartments. depends on the room size its about 200-300 riyals per night, if you are looking for something basic. there are other places more expensive ranging from 600-2000 per night that u can easily find. there are plenty restaurants so you dont have to worry. if ever you have a problem, remember to call your friendly south african (me) who will get you out of most trouble :) i am in al hasa...this should be ur next visit where u can meet many south africans. our hotels are even more cheaper.

check this out:

Dammam

hotelscombined.com/City/Dammam_1.htm

Al-Khobar
hotelscombined.com/City/Al_Khobar_1.htm