Looking for a furnished apartment

We are looking to rent (ideally by the week) a small furnished apartment for a short period starting early April until we decide on something more permanent in or around Quito. Thank you

Hi Mitri&Edith and welcome to Expat.com!

I suggest you to post an advert in Quito classifieds > accommodation section, this may help.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks Harmonie, we'll do. Mitri

Your weekly budget, please...

Hi Harmonie, I am also an expat living in Quito and I when I click classified there are dozens of categories but I really don't see an accommodation section. Could you point out where that is? Thanks.

Hello terpsichore89, we have a new section now > Housing in Quito.;)

Harmonie.

I would like a furnished secure apartment 1 or 2 bedrooms in Quito's Amazonas near the banking area or El Jido park. Oct to Dec at a reasonable rate

Hello slowmover, you should post an advert in the Housing in Quito section. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

I found on internet these websites http://www.apartamentosmodernos.com.ec/ … iones.htmlwww.casamusa.com
There is information in english. Hope it helps.

bye

Hi,

I forgot to advise you. In Ecuador you can always negotiate the price!

cheers.

Marazul,
thank you for the info.  I have been on the net looking around. I am surprised that the prices are all over the board.  I like the area of Amazonas close to El Jido park.   Sight unseen can be a problem,  I thought of staying in a hotel and checking the newspapers classified.
Again, thanks for your input

Hello Slowmover,
I also have tried to find a place to stay when going to Cuenca. This is my plan, you can figure out your own.
I have contacted a Hostel and found out that they have available room space for us when we arrive. I have also contacted someone there that will go with us and physically look at places to rent when we arrive. I have spoke with more than one person that will help us on the arrival. All of these people were highly recommended by people I have spoken with over the phone from this forum.
If you are smart you will wait till you get there and find a  long term place. Pictures can be decieving. I believe it is worth the extra money to take your time and find where you really want to be.
My two cents worth.
We will be relocating there in mid Jan.
Good luck.

Txsbigfoot,

Thanks for your post,  I have decided to do the same thing. I am trying to line up a list of places to visit.  I will stay in a hotel and also check the local papers for classified ads. I met a person during my last visit that is willing to go with me to check out areas and apartments.  I will be there in October

to Txsbigfoot.  Hope you are setteling in allright. I am looking for a reasonable (cheap) place for about 3 months. Does the hostel you contacted have private rooms with their own bathrooms and how far from El Centro. Don't know if this will get kicked off but if you could post the Name and weekly price, I would appreciate it. Not looking for anything fancy. Traveling alone.
  Thanks   Bryan

@ Bryan > just to inform that this is an old thread. You may start a new topic with your questions on the Quito forum.

Thank you.

I will have rooms, apartments and homes all furnished in June 2013.  Prices will range from $300-$900 a month depending on the size,  all are new and very well furnished.  The location is in a close community 20 minutes outside of Quito in Tumbaco. bullock0005@yahoo.com   http://bullock0005.wix.com/ecuador-organic

patrick Bullock wrote:

I will have rooms, apartments and homes all furnished in June 2013.  Prices will range from $300-$900 a month depending on the size,  all are new and very well furnished.  The location is in a close community 20 minutes outside of Quito in Tumbaco. bullock0005@yahoo.com   http://bullock0005.wix.com/ecuador-organic

Looks like a nice place.

P.S.
Nice touch adding stairway to heaven soundtrack to your web page, despite being the most overplayed song of all time.

[Moderated: Please post an ad in Housing section]