Rent a flat or a house in Quito

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Quito. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Quito.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Quito?

How to find a home in Quito: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi Christine,

Thank you for this post.

My husband and I are coming for two months to Quito
(December and January 2012) and would love to know the answers to the above questions :-)

We need the advice on the area...we need to be where the action is :-) but also where we feel safe.
Also,fast internet is a must for us.

Where do we start looking for the apartment?

Thanks

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Quito?

I don't think it is very difficult at all, being a huge city, there are always tons of options in many different types of neighborhoods. I would suggest staying in a hostel or hotel for a week before hand and getting to know neighborhoods.

How to find a home in Quito: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

Newspapers are good, as well as bulletin boards in local hostels and cafes.

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

You can really pay as much or as little as you want here. If you shared an apartment, you could easily be paying around 200 a month for rent or less. If you live in an older neighborhood it is cheaper as well. If you want to live in a luxury part of town in a newer building, a 2 bedroom can run between 650-800 total. But that is pretty expensive for Quito, you can definitely find cheaper.

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

A lot of landlords ask for two months rent as a deposit.

Hi terpsichore89,

Thank you for this useful information. :)

Thank you very much!