Roommate

Hello I'm a 20 year old guy moving to Ecuador Quito in July, I was wondering if there is any rooms or apartments for rent, affordable. Thank you and please help me

Sickly_thoughts wrote:

Hello I'm a 20 year old guy moving to Ecuador Quito in July, I was wondering if there is any rooms or apartments for rent, affordable. Thank you and please help me

Dear Sickly,

There are always apartments for rent in Quito in the $300-400 range or about half that for a room in a shared apartment.  Some pay even less.

Stay out of Mariscal and La Carolina neighborhoods to find the less expensive 'flats.'

Don't try to rent on the Internet if you want a deal.  Stay at Hotel Ambassador or some other reasonably-priced hotel for a couple of days and use shoe leather and the Sunday classifieds to make your move.  Negotiate the price.

Avoid South Quito for safety reasons.

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you, idk where to look once I'm there, if you could tell me, and what are the process for the shared apartments and how do I find them once I'm in Quito

Good places to look for ads on shared rentals include the newspapers, especially El Comercio and Ultimas Noticias, and the Sunday papers...and wanted/for-sale/for-rent boards at the many Internet centers where Gringos post cards and flyers for this purpose.  All the information you need to get started is in the ads and on the postings.

A good map book, widely available at bookstores, is the Quito Distrito Metropolitano Guía.  The cover is black and about 3 x 6 inches and has an oval design picturing El Centro.

cccmedia in Quito

Thank you for that, and may I ask if there are any hotels I could stay in in Quito in a safe area and cheap, like 10-15$ a day, until I find an apartment and gotta include a TV with HDMI cable support thank you so much

Sickly_thoughts wrote:

any hotels I could stay in in Quito...until I find an apartment and gotta include a TV with HDMI cable support thank you so much

The HDMI cable support could be a deal-breaker.

However, there are some Quito hotels in your price range listed at www.in-quito.com

cccmedia in Quito

I would recommend you head for a group of good kids and get rid of sickly thoughts. Those thoughts are born in hell and live there waiting for more sickly thoughts. It is hot and humid but has lots of roommates.