Apartment Hunting in Quito

Any advice on finding an apartment in Quito?

Is anyone renting or know of someone that is? If so, please let me know! I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment with a living room and kitchen in a safe part of Quito. Furnished ideally. My budget range is $200-$300 monthly. : ) Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

SASANCHEZ,

Have you had any luck in finding an apartment within that price range?  My GF and I are thinking of moving there from Georgia?  It would be great if you share your findings and very helpful.

Does anyone know about Olon?  I've heard it's starting up as a place to live.

Any luck with the house hunting in Quito?  I to am also in search of a place to call home and I only need a 1 bedroom abode!  I'm willing to stay in the cheapest area as well simply to allow more of my budget to go to entertainment and travel.  Thanks

Come and stay in Cuenca. Its small enough where you wonŽt need a car and apts are very affordable withing the city limits. Ranging anywhere from 200-and up depending on the local and the luxury you require. Email me or post any question here .

In Quito, just find a couple larger apartment buildings in the sector that you want to live in and ask the security guards if they know of anyone renting a room.  Nine times out of ten they can give you a number, show you a room right then or otherwise point you in the right direction.  That's how I found my apartments in Quito, not the comercio or any of the newspapers.  If they are spending money to advertise they are probably charging too much for the room.
Carrie
flavorsofecuador.com

[moderated: please post in the classifieds housing section. Thanks.]

gaz589 that sounds like a great location and apartment. So it is a two bedroom, but there are three living in it? What is the total rent and what does it include? Furnished?

I am moving to Quito in a few weeks and have been searching, so I look forward to hearing from you. THank you

gaz589 wrote:

We are currently paying $190 a month between 3 people

Do you mean $190 per person, or $63.33 per person?

Hi yeah it has 2 bedrooms but there are 3 people living in it, we pay a total of 570 a month. we are tired into a year contract so we had to pay an extra month. if your are not going to stay the full year then you will have to do the same but it's a good monthly rate for the location. please email me on [email protected], i can then provide pictures and further details.

for more information 

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/south- … rolin.html

Hi, mates!

I'm looking for a room with private bathroom in an apartment to share for my girlfriend from Russia.

If you have any suggestions, pls let me know.

e-mail: [email protected]

Hi DiDAN,

Please feel free to post an advert in the Rooms for rent in Quito section, with details of what you are looking for. :)

Regards,

David.

Hi DiDAN... I found this site helpful... top right corner is the option for english... However, I will say, the newspaper will probably have more listings.  From what I've seen, the internet postings are few and far between, and often out dated.

olx.com.ec/en/

Quito is a tight rental market. I pay $400 for a large 3bd apartment in a safe neighborhood, but it was not furnished. In fact, I had to buy curtains, a stove, and a refrigerator. I don't think you'll find anything furnished in the price range you specified in any of Quito's safer neighborhoods.

I've enjoyed my visits to Quito, (just before the new airport opened) I 'm still trying to find out areas of the city that is considered safe, and what is the cost from the new airport?
I will be heading back there to stay the full 90 days allowed by law, so I need to find a temp apartment.

http://www.elcomercio.com/quito/aeropue … 13526.html

Buses are cheap but the taxis are out of control and charging as much as $50.

Thanks,  sure does beat the $6 and $7 I used to pay.

Other than the area of Amazonas to Eljido can you suggest any other  area that is somewhat safe?

I feel very safe in the Jipijapa neighborhood  (not to be confused with the town of Jilpijapa).
https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/554973_10151893363175579_1252923552_n.jpg

[Moderated: Please post in the housing section]