Back to Tripoli - 2012

Hello,

IT is very nice to see Tripoli again; things here are the same as before with additional coffee shops and restaurants. No more old slogans and one color thing, now it is new Libya, I keep hearing from people about danger, but things are calm, no more shooting. Business is standing still, nobody knows what is going to happen next, but is optimistic about the future.

If anybody need help or assistant, please contact me

Hi.....happy to hear that...have been in Libya many times.....would like to come back as a tourist this summer ,will it be safe.....Runi from Norway....

HI,
So far you can enjoy staying in Tripoli and the surrounding areas, specialy Liptus Magna. Shops and places are open as before and more, I think by Summer it would be much safer

Hi,
I am an engineer from India working in Egypt from two & half  years, now I have an offer to work in Libya. How will be the family life for Indians over there with Family, as compare to Egypt?

How much may be the living cost for 3member family. Do you think life style will change now a days as compare to pre- revolution period. 

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

Valmik Patil

Hi, i enjoyed living and working in Tripoli for two years then got evacuated. I hope to return soon. Trying to evaluate my tax status but as usual this is a grey area ! I had residential status in Libya. Any advice welcomed.

Tony

Hello (AOA),

I am a primary school teacher by profession and my husband has been offered a job in Tripoli. I just wanted to know if it is safe to pusue for a job there and how will be the family life over there. What will be the livning cost and education facilities for kids.

Thanks in advance for any kind of advises.

Best Regards.

Dear ghayur_baig and valmik001,

Getting a job in Libya may be a good opportunity if salary is the priority. I would prefer to keep my family away for some time, at least until end of 2012. I didn't see any mean thing, but heard stuff. Still wouldn't be worth the risk in the name of family.
The biggest problem today is there is no authority people may rely on their safety. The fighters from different cities still exist and man several checkpoints. I started to see traffic police on the roads, but always accompanied by at least one of these fighters.
I don't know where to apply if I am exposed to a threat. I guess I would call my Libyan friends, don't know anything else to do.
As an individual, I can't say I feel unsafe all the time, at least danger is all over the worl whereever you are. But I can't stand the idea of my wife, or one of my kids being questioned by one of these checkpoint fighters. Although most of them have been very kind to me, I still wouldn't consider to risk it for the family.

Magnayapi wrote:

I don't know where to apply if I am exposed to a threat.

That is the main problem!