How to open a bank account in Libya?

Hi, I need transfering from outside
anyone  who can give ma some advice about opening a bank account in libya?

Thanks a lot!

In the past, I was told that foreigners are not allowed to open bank account locally.

Can't you use Western Union?

I just use my ATM bank card from the States and go to a machine.

I would suggest you not open a bank account here for transferring funds from outside. As mudman suggested Western Union is alot easier and rather cheaper than the normal bank to bank transfer.

as i know WU has annual limit transfer... about 10000 US$...

I would suggest u the same way of Mrs. Sea Angel..

Hello

Anyone can open a bank account if he/she have residential papers, and you can get a credit card and/or ATM card accordingly, but you must know that transfering money is limited in a year (5000 $), this is why expats ask from their companies transfer their salaries to their banks at home. on the other hand you can use your visa card after depositing money at your bank back home, and withdraw money from here easily. but when it comes to sending or receiving money urgently, you must use Western Union which is also limited as mentioned previously

Regards

As tigershark said, you can open an account at any bank with your passport and residency. If your aim is to send money to an account in your home country - I would first suggest Western Union as well, except that they can only send to a person, not directly to an account. As well, they only allow you to send a maximum of $5000 US / year. If you open a bank account, you are allowed to send the equivilant of your salary, although it is a bit more expensive to send that way and it takes a little longer, I haven't had trouble getting the money back to my account in Canada.

You could open an account in the Tripoli branch of 'Bank of Valetta' where your company can transfer your salary, and then you can transfer your money (unlimited) to any account you wish to.

Where is the Bank of Valetta?

Bank of Valletta details in link below-

bov.com/page.asp?n=newsdetails&i=6898&text=1

we have only used to receive/transfer money via internet banking, don't know if cash transactions are possible.

Can i ask how many days or weeks does it takes to receive the money from bank to bank transfer? From libya to ph