Libyan dinar exchange...?

Anyone know if and where I can exchange libyan dinar? I left with 900 dinar in my wallet and am now in Italy...not sure anyone will take the money...

You cannot exchange unless you are in Libya.  We all lost our money, pets and everything else.

Sea Angel wrote:

You cannot exchange unless you are in Libya.  We all lost our money, pets and everything else.

Our cat ran away two days before the hell broke in Tripoli. We wonder how did he know and which side did he join? If anyone sees a young siemese male with a red collar... well; wish him well. we miss him very much.
And what am I still doing on this blog? ;-)
Libya becomes an heartache, I guess...
Again those who are left behind, please be safe, clearly we cannot stop thinking of you..
fk

I think we stay because it's a way to stay in contact.

I'm thinking of having a yard sale, if anyone can get to my house :)

until when will this mess last...?
I'm stuck here in the Philippines, jobless...='( Before the mess started I was having a Pre-Departure Orientation held here...
untl our DFA here banned the travel to Libya....
and our WORK VISA's pending..........

I find it crazy realizing that,
when all they think of is to evacuate,
We are thinking of flying there....

I wish well to my fellow filipino nurses in TMC...

Hi guys,

I think you should focus in the initial topic of the dicussion or create a new one. Thanks!

Regards

Yes initial topic please I've a couple thousand dinars too..need to exchange for dollars or euros?

I'll put the word out in the States to see if any Libyans here want to swap - my bet is that they will want to wait until the end of this to see what the dinar is going to do.  At that point you can Fed Ex each other.

600 in my wallet and I dont think I can change them in Venezuela.

SeaAngel. "I think we stay because it's a way to stay in contact."

Heck yeah!  Sorry, don't have dinars to exchange ,  but I do know I keep coming back here cause I miss Libya and all the good people, expats and Libyans, even MoEl!

I did not get to take any mementos from Libya, except my dinars.  LOL

Sea Angel wrote:

I did not get to take any mementos from Libya, except my dinars.  LOL

I also have some green ZEHRA TEA, in addition to my few libyan dinnars. I know you could exchange them at exchange offices in Turkey. However, at this point I do not know. Hold on to them, says I, they might have some value once things settle down. In the meantime, I drink my Zehra Tea, and hope to find more elsewhere in North Africa.

[Moderated: Comment is ridiculous]

I left valuables and cash out there and planning to get back when the dust settles. Has there been any break ins? Can Dinar still be exchanged for US/Euros? Are Souq Dahra and Souq Mahari closed?

Hey guys,

i am ready to purchase each 300 Dinar against 100US dollars as per the rate in Benghazi and Ajdabia. So if anyone interested please contact me at "[email protected]" thanks

Mudman, Is your place empty? and could we get access if we needed to put people up?
Also may need to put a couple of pups there, we are running out of room.
OB

Don't know if anyone is interested but perhaps a good way to disopose of those useless dinars might be to send them to some sort of Aid agency in Libya.  I am checking into shipping from "the world" to Libya.  I have already contacted the Red Crescent and Islamic Relief, but they have no mechanism to get actual dinar back to where they can be used to purchase food or medical supplies.

We gave all our L.D. to our libyan friend before we could get out of the country. They surely will need the money, and it was the only thing we could do for them at last.  :(

Hi is there anyone in Libiya that needs help getting out!
Ferry services
Food
Clothing
Air flights
???????

Is there anyone in Benghazi or other cities that can give us updates on what is happening there. email me at [email protected]

Hi easternking!

You are off topic! As you already have a topic on the Libya forum, please avoid sending the same message on different discussions!

Thanks and regards
Armand

Hold on to your LD, once the country is re-colonized by emperialist coalition, you can go there to enjoy "democracy"

Ragip/Tripoli

Hello vegasmap,

May be you can share your views in a new thread cause I guess you are off-topic here :/

Regards

I have 1500 LD left over. I am looking into other possible places to unload them. I like GISGIRL's idea of sending them off to some sort of humanitarian aid resource. Maybe the Red Cross organization would need them......I will let you know what I find out.

[Moderated: Off Topic!]

Toilet paper, AstigfurAllah
Not such a good idea...there are Ayats from The Quran on Libyan money.

There are Libyans going back some MAY buy your dinar. But I am sure Euro and Dollar are more the priority now...Fetching a good price! At the Tunisian side of the border they will exchange Libyan Dinar for Tunisian. But that is it.

Gager wrote:

Anyone know if and where I can exchange libyan dinar? I left with 900 dinar in my wallet and am now in Italy...not sure anyone will take the money...

Sorry, but Libyan Dinars are worthless outside of Libya. They are not traded on the exchange. Maybe you can collect them and one day they will be worth something after Ghaddafi is gone!

saifizlhr wrote:

Hey guys,

i am ready to purchase each 300 Dinar against 100US dollars as per the rate in Benghazi and Ajdabia. So if anyone interested please contact me at "[email protected]" thanks

You need to learn how to use a calculator. When I left Tripoli the exchange on the black market was 2 to 1, Dinars to Dollars...... That was March 1st.

No that is the current exchange rate, well since April 4 when I left. At LOT HAS HAPPENED SINCE MARCH 1 ......Have you been in a cave LOL

Heyyyy... there's an exchange office in the Al Kout mall, at Fahaheel, Kuwait, that is giving 5 Kuwait Dinars per 100 Libyan Dinars... other exchange houses are giving NOTHING (UAE Exchange, plus others...) so if you are in Kuwait, don't miss this chance!!!

if anyone wants to sell their surplus LYD i am willing to buy.

PM if interested

Hi there

I am happy to give 100 USD for 250 Libyan dinar
if intersted plz email me on [email protected]

Nary

I left 1300 LYD with libyan friend and he srill keep it with im but the problem the way to sending money so i appreciate if let me know if Western UNION open in tripoli or not yet  and if not what kind of channel canhe transfer this sum???

and may if anyone of you will be back to Libya or not ???

Thx

The western union is not yet open but i blv they will be in days. The current exchange rate is 1.4 in open market and 1.25 interbank. The NTC plan on bringing down the dollar to 0.35 LYD by 2013 and 1:1 within months. They have kept the same interbank rate to avoid any confusion in the beginning.

good news please let us know update news about WEstern UNion
thx

there is one way.  go  to bank:D

Western Union has been up and running for a while now.

Western Union is working :)

i tried to trnasfer money 3 days ago by Western Uninon but it closed three days ago and not aloowed to transfer money at the cyureent time i dont know reasons ?

Very simple, come back to Libya and exchange them.....

Gager wrote: