3 Bedroom Rental Property Needed

Hi everyone

This is my first thread..........My husband has secured a job today in Basel airport and I now have the daunting task of finding rental accommodation in the area. I have been looking through the forums all day trying to find information on all things Swiss!! We will be moving on January 1st 2012. We are willing to spend 1500CHF to 1750CHF per month for a 3 bedroom property, as we are trying to start a family and will expect lots of visitors from home (so they are all telling me!!!) we would prefer a 3 bedroom to a 2 bedroom. We are open to travelling outside the area of Basel and to the surrounding areas of Saint Louis, Village Neuf etc.

I would REALLY appreciate any help in the above matter if anybody should have the time

Thanks a million

Hello irishexpat,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to have a look to the Switzerland Guide>accommodation.

Best of luck,
Rouma

1500-1750 CHF for a 4 to 4.5 room (that's a 3 bedroom) flat won't be easy to find in Basel itself, and don't expect a big flat for that amount (up to 90 m2). If your husband has found a job at the airport, why don't consider to go and live in France or Germany - where accomodation may be cheaper and easier to get. The airport itself is in France, not in Switzerland.

The internet site to search for accomodation in Switzerland is www.immoscout.ch

Take in mind, when searching, that the Swiss count in rooms, not in bedrooms. A 4-room flat usually means 3 bedrooms and a living room, a 4.5-room flat means a living room, 3 bedrooms, and a kitchen that has space enough to sit and eat in.

Your relatives are right: when you're living "abroad", you'll going a lot of visitors.

Hope this helps,
Twan.

Thanks very much for your help....we are now looking in France, definitely seems like a better option

Thanks again for your help

Dear Irish

I would like to know where did you finally rent the flat?
I will probably relocate in Basel , I will be working at the airport too and I'm trying to figure out where is the best and cheap place to rent a flat.

I will appreciate your help

Thanks
Ale

Hello Ale.

This thread is 2 years old.
I suggest you to start a new thread on the Basel forum for more visibility. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Did you get a nice flat finally?