Where do I get furnitures for an apartment in Basel?

Now that I pretty much figured out the way to get an apartment. Thanks for the guide http://www.expat-blog.com/en/guide/europe/switzerland/81-find-an-apartment-in-switzerland.html . Now I need to find a way tu get furnitures in them.
I'm looking for suggestions for new furnitures (which local stores with the best quality/price ratio...) as well as used ones (where to look for classified ads from people who want to unload their stuff, which online site is most used for that purpose in Switzerland like craigslist in the US for example...)

Thanks, Andre.

One of the cheapest places to get furniture in the Basel area is IKEA just off the highway in Pratteln.

You'll also find used furniture stores in the Basel area here and there. 

Germany probably has the lowest prices...
There is a MegaMoebel next to Hornbach very close to the Swiss/French/German border. 

Here's the address for Hornbach.  It's just next to it.

Hornbach Binzen bei Lörrach
Eulerstrasse 2
79589 Binzen bei Lörrach

You'll also find cheap furniture in France...
In Saint-Louis (just across the border) there are two used furniture stores.  One of them is on the main street across from an Opel dealership.

In Mulhouse (actually the Wittenheim Industrial Zone) you'll find Conforama which has inexpensive furniture.

And if you can understand French...
www.leboncoin.fr
It's like the craigslist for France with plenty available in Alsace (not far away)...

Hope it helps,
Suzele
How to Deal with Being an Expat...and Enjoy it!

thanks. I like IKEA. that'll remind me of my early twenties. i guess that's an easy and simple solution. i'll go there and order and they'll deliver the items to the apartment. great!

There aren't a lot of choices for inexpensive anything in Basel unfortunately...

Just in case you want something nicer than Ikea...

For nicer (and at a higher price) furniture...

MobelPfister
Interio

You can find both of them in Pratteln near Ikea.  They have other stores in Basel, but they are not as big.  The Pratteln stores are quite large by European standards.

I also have to say that I have found REALLY nice furniture at leboncoin.fr

It varies from week to week, but you'll find some very high quality stuff there for a decent price (as well as cheap and easy furniture of course)...

Generally speaking Germany has the lower prices for the good stuff as well as the cheap stuff...

Good luck with your redecorating!

Suzele
How to Deal with Being an Expat...and Enjoy it!