I guess it's a call for some advices on a relocation to Basel

Hi guys,

I'll start a new job at Novartis in Basel (my last project was in Algerian and I spent the last 10 years in California and Nevada and...I'm vietnamese-french by the way :)).
I was wondering how can I find a place to stay for a while until I figure out a permanent housing solution.
Also what's the thing to do in Basel to connect with other expat? I'm a cool person to hang out with and I've got plenty of stories to share.

Basically I wouldn't mind getting some basic integration help from fellow expats now-turned-locals. Thanks, Andre

Hi Andre and welcome on Expat.com,

for the housing, maybe you should read and post in the classifieds ?

The Basel expat network can also help to make friends ;)

actually i found a temporary housing from expatriates.com/classifieds/bas/housingavailable/

Advice: be careful with the fakes ads for apartments from people who want you to send them money before you can even visit the apartment. Never agree with such setup. I was amazed at the unusual amount of fakes ads. That's the reason I decided to go for a corporate housing on a month to month lease.

Hi Andre, are you in Basel yet?

It didnt state in your post when you are coming over.
If you have started in Novartis then I guess you are pretty much settled already.
The world cup starts next week and the USA/ENGLAND match should be interesting to say the least...

Phil

the majority of people live in apartments, no hassle with repairs and you know exactly what it cost you to leave. Some are available from 3 month +, other prefer  tenants that stay at least 1 year. You can move out before the contract ends if you find an acceptable person taking over the contract.

Have someone scan the papers for you or place an ad via Publicitas, in english is fine.