I be flying into HCMC end Jan 2012 like meet VN b4 i arrive online

I  work online in Chicago USA,

I like advice which hotels have good wired internet  ( not WiFi )

What part  the City should i  head for  ... 

Where best cafe or bar to meet  locals  ..

Can i buy  SIM card anywhere ??

Any advice appreciated 

DJHON

Hi John.
If u get Viet Nam first time, i suggest u should get "Pham Ngu Lao" district. That is the best place for tourist/ foreigners now. It has many bars/ coffee shops around that district. You can meet others foreigners or Vietnamese people at there easily.

Almost hotel now just have Wifi. Only a few luxury hotel has wired internet (for ex: Legend hotel)

You can buy simcard any where easily.

Anything else u want to know?

Good luck

Hi John,

Pham Ngu Lao is considered street for foreigners, you will find yourself convenient to be there. We,Vietnamese people, are very friendly and hospitable, so you can make friends easily.
If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me. Glad to help you

I dont think Pham Ngu Lao, Bui vien is a good idea for you. That is like a short term tourist place with cheap hotels ( with actually bad condition)and working girls. There are alot of bars, restaurants, but i think its ok just to stop for meals and entertainment in those areas.

As I may advise, you should look for a short term flat share ( as you may find info here in this blog)

Wireless are everywhere in a coffee shop, restaurant, shopping malls. Flat share can have wired internet which is very stable.

Sim card can be bought everywhere and easy top-up by internet banking.

If you are first come to Vietnam and want to discover the busy Asian life style, Saigon is a good head. Saigon turns up to be an easy stop for beach life. If you fancy mountain activities, you should head for Hanoi.

Claire

Hi, welcome to Vietnam.  I recommend you should go to hochiminh city to visit. There are plenty of hotels in hochiminh city from 1 star to 5 stars. It depends on your finance. Almost of the hotels use wifi. If you like to have good wired internet, there are many computers using wired internet at the lobby of the hotels but it's very low.

Hi
Welcome to our country. Hope you enjoy your staying here. Whenever you need my help, feel free to drop me a message through my number 0166 555 2285

Hi I too am planning to move to HCMC end Jan 2012, and was wondering what percentage of my salary I have to pay to state tax, thanks inadvanced for any help..

johncare wrote:

I  work online in Chicago USA,

I like advice which hotels have good wired internet  ( not WiFi )

What part  the City should i  head for  ... 

Where best cafe or bar to meet  locals  ..

Can i buy  SIM card anywhere ??

Any advice appreciated 

DJHON

Dear John,
You can use internet in hotel or in the coffee shop. Internet is free in most of the hotel & coffee shop here. So don't worry about this

If you want to travel some places in Ho Chi Minh City, you can write down this list:
1. War Remnants Museum
2. Reunification Hall
3. Notre Dame Cathedral
4. Bến Thành Market
5. Zoo and Botanical Garden
6. Ho Chi Minh City Museum
7. Reunification Palace
You can check in Google Maps from:Tan Son Nhat airport to:.... or you can go to my page

About the coffee you can go to Highland Coffee in Mac Dinh Chi street, it is small but good taste.

Thanks for the tips and advice 
Hope to fly in  end Jan

ECARD  for Christmas

http://bit.ly/778QZs

I really love the card
it is nice to meet you
email: loanthao.tran@yahoo.com.vn

I be soon in VN  need a tour guide / interpreter

Anyone

are u free 4 that ??

Salary

per half Day   every day

This is  High definition video  of NEW Year  Fireworks from LONDON

posted by the  BBC on youtube    its  Awesome

http://youtu.be/q1yLRK2M8YQ

thank you for sharing, the performance was so amazing and beautiful. really love it