Class K permit

Hi

I am trying to contact immigration thru mail but they never answer my emails so i was hoping that someone here might know the answer to my question....

A class k permit
Documentary proof of assured income is required for Class K.

but how much do i need to show them that i make per month?
I do make 1000 Euros and i hope that is ok but i would like to know anyway if there is a limit. I have a contract that says that i make 8 Euro per hour but it dosent say that i work 125 Hours that is just something that have promised me but i have bankstatments that i can show that i do make atleast that amount per month, normaly i make some more.

I hope someone knows something about this.
Thanks in advance

Mattias

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Mattias!

Maybe you could tell us where you want to apply for a start :P

Regards
Armand

Hi again

I hope to come over from Brazil to Kenya (mombasa) in may next year (one quick stop in Sweden) and I (if I have this right) can be in Kenya for 3 month and 3 months more on a turist visa but during this time i hope to apply for this class k permit at immigrations.

Mattias

I moved your topic to the Kenya forum for better visibility ;)

Good luck
Armand

I have posted the following about the Class K permit.  This is not a 'work' permit, as work is prohibited - you have to prove that you can sustain yourself via other sources of income.  Unfortunately, I am unable to find how much the 'presecribed amount' actually is.

Class K: A person who:

(a) is not less than 21 years of age; and

(b) has in his own right and at his full and free disposition assured annual income of not less than the prescribed amount being an income that is assured, and that is derived from sources other than any such employment, occupation, trade, business or profession as is referred to in the description of any of the classes specified in this Schedule, and being an income that either

(i) is derived from sources outside, and will be remitted to Kenya; or

(ii) is derived from property situated, or a pension or annuity payable from, sources in Kenya; or

(iii) will be derived from a sufficient investment capital to produce such assured income that will be brought into and invested in Kenya; and

(c) undertakes not to accept paid employment of any kind should be he be granted an Entry Permit of this class, and whose presence in Kenya will be of benefit to Kenya.