Organize your move to Palau

Hi all,

we invite you to share your experience about moving to Palau.

Here is a list of questions which might help the ones preparing their move to Palau:

What would you bring and what would you leave behind?

Is it a good idea to bring furniture or domestic appliances?

Any foodstuffs that are banned in Palau?

Is it better to bring a car or to buy one once settled in Palau?

Any advice for the ones who are moving to Palau?

Thank you in advance for your participation :)

Ok, one more time, I'll post about a resource that I found very entertaining and interesting.  I have never been to Palau, but I've looked and looked all over the net for information, and found a few tidbits.  One was a book by "Papa Mike" who apparently has written about living in a few out of the way places.  While the book didn't give stuff like prices, it gave some good insights on what to expect living in Palau.  I'm sorry I don't have more details on the book but you can find it on amazon.com with a search for "Papa Mike".  Furthermore, if you click on the picture of the book where it says "look inside" it turns out you can read the entire book for free (don't tell amazon!).  No pictures though :(

ok amazon caught on to the book preview bug.  you might try books.google.com for a better preview, but even it leaves out random pages.  or you could just buy the book and be like a good honest citizen (of wherever you hold citizenship ;)