Netball in Stavanger? Anyone interested? DISCUSS :D

Hey people,

Since moving to Norway I have entertained myself with rugby, and have even dabbled in handball, but always find myself missing netball. I think the sport could be super successful here, and have contemplated the idea of starting it up for quite some time.

Are there any ladies in this forum who might be interested in helping to try and get it going in Stavanger? We would be best with a couple of teams so we can play each other, and then can invite expat groups in Bergen/Oslo etc to join for mini-tournaments/social weekends. There are also some cool social tournaments in London that could be entered (I played for a random team there a couple of months ago).

I think it should be possible to get a grant to buy in equipment etc, so the "hard" part will be finding a bit of concrete/indoor hall that we could use as a court....

Hi there, I have just moved to Stavanger in August and looking for something sporty to do.  I enjoy a bit of running and aerobics at the gym.  I would be interested in playing netball although it's been a while since I've played!  I really enjoyed it at school.

Im intrested in netball too l need to play netball in Norway and lam very good with netball.

Hi
I have just moved to Sandnes and would be interested in Netball did you set up any kind of group? It is a long time since I played back at school, but I do lots of sports and loved Netball back then.

Hello missmac -> To note that this thread is a year old. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi

Yes I knew the thread was a year old, but I just wanted to see if they had any more information about netball in Stavanger

Thanks

Hi

Did your manage to organise anything?? I  sorry as well that it's so long since the original post but I have just arrived and would love to join even just I'm training sessions of you are.

Tam

Hi All,

For those of you not on the Stavanger Expats Facebook group...

I am still working on this. We have actually almost two teams and now I am planning on ordering some equipment etc to start training while I try and find funding for getting a court in place. THe British School has already said I can have one there, I just need some sponsorship to set the sport up.

If you are serious and interested, send me a PM here, and I will give you my email address. I am looking at collecting 100kr each (max) to buy in some equipment to start training.

Hope to meet you all soon!

Kirsten

Also - facebook.com/groups/561554193883564/

I am interested to start an activity here as well. Would love to move more than I do.  I am not really sure about my net ball skills thou. It there a chance to try? Last time I was playing in high school ;D

Of course you can try!

Perhaps you can join the group that I posted a link to above. ThatŽs where we plan most of the things we are doing. At the moment, weŽre getting kit together (balls etc) and sorting out the court (which is taking some time because of summer holidays). But we meet almost every Tuesday at 8 anyway, to be social :)

Stavanger Netballklubb is now started! You can find us on the Facebook group, or check out stavangernetball.webs.com for more info!

Haha back to where it all started😄

Am so interested and i would love to join

Hello
Naomiwilondja24,

Should you have any questions, I invite you to create a new thread on the Norway forum as this one is an old and inactive topic.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team

[Thread Closed]

Closed