Reading habits in Norway

Hello everyone,

Books can be your greatest companions whether you have already settled in Norway or are now planning your move. Are you an avid or occasional reader? We would like to know more about your reading habits.

What type of reading do you enjoy? Do you read novels, comics, magazines, newspapers, etc.?

Where do you purchase or borrow books in Norway (bookstores, online, library subscription, etc.)? Do you prefer digital reading?

Do you have an average budget devoted to reading in Norway? Do you buy books or pay a library membership fee?  Do you spend more or less than in your country of origin?

In what languages can you find the books that you usually read?

What books or magazines would generally be found on your bedside table?

Thanks for participating,

Bhavna

Love reading!  I've been making my way through the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list for a while (will take a lifetime).  So you can find any of those books on my bedside!  I prefer reading actual books, but also use kindle for all the free classics they have there.

Have only bought new books in Norway (and the US) once or twice a year.  Would love to find book sales in English here, but that's doubtful. 

I also like to listen to non-fiction books through my old US library's digital library.  Not yet a member of a Norwegian library.