Americans in Valencia?

HOLA!!!

WOndering what area of Valencia to find American/English speaking Expats?

What section of Valencia. We are from the U.S. and would love to know where to begin the search for rentals and would like to have some English speaking neighbors.

Thanks,

We're not there yet, but we will be as soon as our (retirement) visa is approved. hopefully.

If I may ask, if you filed for a Ret visa as well, did you have an easy/hard time being approved?

Thanks.

On a different note, your "flag" listed Uruagay. Have you lived there or is it on your wish list?

Cheers,
Jennifer

We've been to UR and AR and loved both countries, but UR is now my adopted country. If not Spain, yes, we're considering UR as Plan B. It's a great little country.

mislata and burjassor u can find english speaker
and in centre other wise hard to find and for rent burjassot and mislata is cheap as compared to centre

hello,

in fact there are many Americans living in Valencia.
I personally know about 4 or 5, and they are all living in Ruzafa.
In fact, they would all love to meet you for sure.
Send me an email on xxxx and I will forward.

best regards,

Lodewijk

Hi guys,

you should have a look to our expat network:

Americans in Valencia

Hope this helps,

Julien

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there are no neighborhoods that have a particularly high proportion of Americans/English speakers in Valencia. That said, Ruzafa and Benimaclet have a more international community, some of whom are English speakers (however, mostly a younger crowd, i.e. students or short-stay residents).

Once you get here, a very good place to find and network with Americans is Portland Ale House. If you are bringing family and are looking for community of American kids, you also might try contacting the American School of Valencia since they have been around for a long time and are in touch with many of the local US expat community.

xzf620 wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there are no neighborhoods that have a particularly high proportion of Americans/English speakers in Valencia. That said, Ruzafa and Benimaclet have a more international community, some of whom are English speakers (however, mostly a younger crowd, i.e. students or short-stay residents).

Once you get here, a very good place to find and network with Americans is Portland Ale House. If you are bringing family and are looking for community of American kids, you also might try contacting the American School of Valencia since they have been around for a long time and are in touch with many of the local US expat community.

Thank you SO MUCH. Loads of information. Pefect, thanks!