Running group/partner

So I signed up yesterday for the Shanghai Half Marathon and am in need of a group or just an individual who would like to get together to run on the weekends.  I'm not a great runner and hate getting up early, but I'd like to start running around 6:30/7 am on the weekends to get a longer run in before the day really starts. I live by Xujiahui but would be willing to go to other places (like Century Park) to do the runs.  I know that there are established running groups, but since I'm kind of a beginner, I thought that it might be nice to get a group of people together who haven't necessarily been seriously running all year.

And if anyone is interested in running in the half or full marathon here in Shanghai, the link is here: shmarathon.com

When is the Half Marathon?

Asmus, the marathon and half marathon (and some sort of health run, not sure the distance on that one) are all on December 4th.  The website is here if you're interested: shmarathon.com  I'm going to at least give it a shot!  :-)

I just started my training again. but 4th Dezember is a good time. Will see if I can join. Haven't run for long time. For training I need my own timing, but maybe we can do the run together :)

Well, I'd love to see you out there on the 4th!  I may be run/walking the half, but I will finish irrespective!!!!!

Sounds good!Emily....maybe I shall join to practice together. I live close in hujiahui too. I don't think I am gonna participate in the run, but would like to join u for practice. :)

We're probably going to go to Century Park this Saturday morning for a run.  Let me know if you're up for it and I can give you more details offline.  :-)

Hi Emily,
guess I can not make it for the run by my self> I was too busy last weeks and now I am going for 2,5 weeks for home holidays. But I will come and cheer for you. Hope we get a big group together :-) See you after my return.

Hi Emily,
How are you?
Are you still running?
Have you found more people to join you? I'm also looking for a running group or partner in Shanghai (beginners)...Can I join your group?
Best wishes,
Cami

Hey Cami!  So we started a group for a few weeks, then it kind of stopped (I also already ran the Shanghai half so my motivation lagged).  However, I'm going to be running in the Great Wall Half coming up in May so I'd definitely be interested in starting this up again!

Hey,E

I am quite interested in this running group. Am I late for everything here?
Looking forward to hear from you.

Wilson

We're going to meet this week (weather permitting) at Line 2 Century Park Gate 1 at 10 am.  Anyone is welcome to come!  I'm in not great running shape at the moment, so it will be a slow run/walk, but no matter what, we can all meet up at the end!  Send me a private message with your phone number so I can text you if it's cancelled due to weather.

Hey, here is my cell number: 13818451033
Thanks