Con Dao Islands

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about heading to the Con Dao Islands just before Christmas time (17th of December) for a couple of days to chill out. I'm planning on going myself though and  I'm attempting to look for a place to stay but there doesn't seem very many options.

Can anyone reccomend anywhere to stay or is this a place to best avoid if you're on your own?

Any help would be fantastic. Thanks :)

Lyndsay

Hi Lyndsay,

Welcome to Vietnam!

Con Dao Island is very quiet island. The better way to go there is book with Vietnam Airline. If you really to go, book the air ticket first because Vietnam Airline will increase the cost soon

There are not many option to stay in Phu Quoc. But i would recommend to stay at Six Sense Con Dao : http://www.sixsenses.com/SixSensesConDao/. This resort is excellent but expensive

Wish you have a good trip

Dent

Thanks Dent ... I did see that one, got a wee fright when I saw the cost. I wish I could afford that, think it's one to go with company, instead of a small break from the city!

I just realised there's only 3 places to stay in the Con Dao Islands which is probably why I couldn't find a lot of places.

Thanks for your help! Maybe Mui Ne or Nha Trang would suit me better haha.

Lyndsay :)

You are right Lyndsay, Nha Trang & Muine are much more options to choose. I love both Nha Trang & Muine. But prefer Muine, near from Saigon.

By the way, Phu Quoc Island also nice island and more option than Con Dao

If you need more help, do ask me

Dent

Dent is right,Phu Quoc is always considered to be better than Con Dao.Also Nha Trang is great if you have never been there before.
In case you still wanna give Con Dao a try,there are some other places that have acceptable prices:(im sorry they are all in Vietnamese,basically the higher price is for weekend/holidays)

http://www.condaoexplorer.com/khach-san … esort.htmlhttp://www.condaoexplorer.com/khach-san … esort.html

Hi all,

"Traveling is not only "go-ing" to many other different places, but also "satisfied" your hope & wish!"

All is depending on your purpose!

ConDao is much more "relaxing" than other island in Vietnam.

@Lyndsaj:
If you prefer to have a " colorful night life" (beside SUN/SEA/SAND) Nha Trang should be your 1st choice!

ConDao becomes one of the "hot" destinations today! Many have visited ConDao in the recent time, and I've found out 2 kinds of comments: 1. "very like" <----> for almost Non-Viet(westerner, few Viet...) and 2. "feel bloody boring" <----> almost Viet.===========> dont meet their need. Condao is simply RELAXING!
-----------------------------
My purpose of travelling to Condao Island was to relax, explore the "Ghost World",and to capture natural landscapes as well. As the result, I loved Con Dao island more than Phu Quoc, even more than my hometown, Nhatrang. Yes, I did that because Con Dao gives me a peaceful, relaxing moment; aslo fresh air and wonderful insight memmories.

I stayed at Con Dao Camping. It was so nice. The room was clean, and the beach was so fresh/ crystal clear. The staffs were friendly. especially, the price was reasonable. 600.000 vnd/bungalow/night.

Hope this helps!
And Have a nice trip!

Steve

I am going to Con Dao in september with a group of Expats and Vietnameses, who wants to join us ?

Hello AlexFromHN,

Please note that it's quite an old thread > 2011!
What about creating a new discussion on the Ho Chi Minh City forum? ;)

Thank you,
Pravin.