Service to top up ZaloPay / Momo for foreigners?

Hi all,

Thinking about working in VIetnam (at some point in time) as a nomad traveler, and managed to snag a prepaid Vietnamese SIM card & successfully signed up for ZaloPay and Momo (so far), just to get things started. At least for Momo, it seems to accept my US passport but ZaloPay seems to insist on a Vietnamese ID or passport (which I do not have).

Now comes the fun part - how do I load money into these e-wallets? None of my US or even multi-currency credit/debit cards (such as Transferwise, etc) worked, and they insist on a Vietnamese debit/credit card and/or bank account.

Is there a known service (or an agent) who can help me top-up these ZaloPay/Momo wallets if I am able to transfer Vietnamese dong (VND) to them (via Wise or Revolut, etc)? I'm obviously not yet in Vietnam so can't top-up in person (from a convenience store, if that's even an option).

Thanks for any pointers you can provide!

Jim

jvuong24 wrote:

Hi all,

Thinking about working in VIetnam (at some point in time) as a nomad traveler, and managed to snag a prepaid Vietnamese SIM card & successfully signed up for ZaloPay and Momo (so far), just to get things started. At least for Momo, it seems to accept my US passport but ZaloPay seems to insist on a Vietnamese ID or passport (which I do not have).

Now comes the fun part - how do I load money into these e-wallets? None of my US or even multi-currency credit/debit cards (such as Transferwise, etc) worked, and they insist on a Vietnamese debit/credit card and/or bank account.

Is there a known service (or an agent) who can help me top-up these ZaloPay/Momo wallets if I am able to transfer Vietnamese dong (VND) to them (via Wise or Revolut, etc)? I'm obviously not yet in Vietnam so can't top-up in person (from a convenience store, if that's even an option).

Thanks for any pointers you can provide!

Jim

No.

Those features will not work for you until you meet the requirements you've already stated.

The cart must go behind the horse...

When/IF you get here then easy to do, until then like OB said your doing things backwards.

Andybris2020 wrote:

When/IF you get here then easy to do, until then like OB said your doing things backwards.

That is, if he can get a Vietnamese bank account or a Vietnamese credit card...

Andybris2020 wrote:

That is, if he can get a Vietnamese bank account or a Vietnamese credit card...

Ha - well that's the thing, I don't know if can. Trying to do some transactional stuff pre-departure, but I guess I'm S.O.L. until I get there.. ugh :(