Moving to norway

was wondering if anyone can help me. I'm looking to move and i need some pointers about what i'll need and what web sites are best to look at. if anyone can help me, it'll be much appreciated.   thank you.

Hi clivefewings and welcome to Expat.com!

A little introduction would have been welcomed and you should also be more explicit about the type of information that you need.;)

Do not hesitate to take a look at the articles in our participative guide.
Here is the link > https://www.expat.com/en/guide/europe/norway/.

Harmonie.

Hi,
im currently in Aberdeen

Ive an opportunity to move to Stavanger for a relocation.
Im looking into cost of renting an apartment,schools for my children(age:6&3)..
Im not certain if this is going to b a right choice:):(
very much appreciated if you guys can enlighten me with some details.

Thanks

Hi,

Apartments will depend on the area, I would suggest taking a look at finn.no and searching for places available to rent in the area your going to be in. As for the schooling system again I would advise you to search the local area but I feel I can assure you that from my knowledge Norway has an excellent education system :)

I'm not really sure what other information I can offer as you only asked a couple of questions but if you're unsure about the move all I can really say is reasearch, get the best knowledge base you can before you get there.

I also want to move to Norway-Stavanger. I living in Sweden for many years.

As Thebritishone said, Finn.no is the website to visit. Everyone in Norway uses this website for property, amongst other things, although I think it is only in Norwegian.

From what I gather Stavanger is one of the most expensive places to rent an apartment. A shortage of land for building and all that oil money have led to very high prices. Not that the rest of the country is so much better. There is some discussion over whether there is a property bubble.

David