Carp fishing friends

Hello fellas,
I am Bulgarian and i love carp fishing. So if you are missing that great hobby here we can discuss about Bulgarian venues and tactics.

Tight lines

Marin

Welcome to Expat.com Marin!;)

Harmonie.

So, tell us, why this passion for Carp fishing?:)

Well you know that a passion is hard to explain...I have been fishing since i was 6 years old and a few years ago a started only carp fishing. I have red tons of material and seen many movies that Frank Warwick and Danny Fairbras made. The passion generally come from the feeling to outmind that very clever and remembering creature and once captured to give him the life back. What more to tell you, many people have a passion for fishing - the calm look of the lake at early morning and late evening, the fight of the carp to get away, the thrill cannot be explained...

greetings

What`s up fellas? No carp anglers around? Let me know...

Anyone?!?

Hi Marinsirakov
We own a house between Veliko Tarnovo & Ruse, are there any good carp fishing lakes around there?????

Hello,
the best possible option near Veliko Turnovo is Tzerova Koria. That lake holds a big amount of record carp and is one of the best options in Bulgaria. Other good options are Ryahovski Livadi and Kastel near Sevlievo. And around Ruse the best option is Danube River. If you are willing to travel up to Varna the best option in that region is Trustikovo lake.

Let me know if you need more details.

regards,
Marin

Hi Marin

Thanks for the info, I shall look these up when I am over next year, cheers.
Steve

Hi Steve,
write me back when you are about to come and i can give you some more details.

regards
Marin

Hi Marin
Will be in touch next year.  Have a good xmas and new year.

All the best
Steve

Hey Marin, are there any good carp fishing venues around Sofia ??... would love to fish when I move there:)

Hello mate, sorry for the late reply. Yes there are few venues that you can visit. Send me a message or a mail when you arrive and i will give you more info.

regards

Hello Marin,
What about fishing for big catfish where you reccomend for that.
Also what about wild trout

Hello mate,
catfish you can find on the bigger lakes like Ticha and Kurdzhali lake. Also i have seen movies about American anglers catching catfish at the Kozlodui Atom facility,

Regarding the trout you can catch them in most of the rivers that are cold and up in the mountains and also at the Dospat lake.

cheers,

Wheres dospat lake have you ever thought of doing Bulgarian fishing holiday tours and advertising in western european angling magazines and or websites

What about Stamboliski resevoir i have house near there is it good for fishing

Yes mate i have thought about organizing tours in Bulgaria for foreign anglers. Actually i have created a website recently for showing what is going on at the carp fishing scene in Bulgaria but i think i am not allowed to post links here.

About Stamboljski it is a great lake but a huge water and you will need a local angler to give you some instructions to find certain species and so on...

I was a angler a lot of years ago but they way i remember it it just is not a challenge if its too easy.
Im thinking of buying a property at one of the RESEVOIRS near Burgas inland a bit for cheaper prices. Could it be good for angling tourism around there you think.

Also what about the river just outside Lovech is that good.

rgorman78 wrote:

I was a angler a lot of years ago but they way i remember it it just is not a challenge if its too easy.
Im thinking of buying a property at one of the RESEVOIRS near Burgas inland a bit for cheaper prices. Could it be good for angling tourism around there you think.

Also what about the river just outside Lovech is that good.

Hi rgorman78,

You do not need to own a house for angling tourism. The best places to catch fish in Bulgaria are the pond near the Electric Power Plants, cos they have good temperature of the water all the year. For trout you have to go to the mountains.chThe sea also offers certain opportunities. Carp can be found almost everywhere, but I would recommend angling in wild and less known reservoirs - there it is calm, peaceful, very beautiful and you can often catch a wild carp, which is much more fun.
Just be prepared for camping.

Any help on a venue for fishing in or close to Tsar Asen(Popovo). We have a house here and are hopeful of starting a fishing tour business in the future which would benefit everyone in the village any ideas would be great as would my first Bulgarian fish!!!!
Anyway I love fishing and have plenty of experience to share any advice is welcome and in return once our complex is finished come over for a drink and a fish, stay a night or two on me.
Ps any lakes for sale out there?

Kind regards Jason Read

Hi Jason Read - please note that this thread is dated 2012 :)

Hi marin my mother in law looking to buy a house in resen is there any carp lakes close by to fish when I visit any help would be much appreciated

Ah fellow carp friends, always nice to have some around

I moved to Plovdiv the beginning of the year and have only been a handful of times, found a good private lake a short distance from me near Brezovo called Arboviya. havent been lucky enough to have a monster out yet (16.5kg the best). think they go about 10kg bigger at best

but it is a very nice lake in the middle of nowhere. nice and quite. allows night fishing.

if anyone knows of any other lakes in the area would be great to try some out.

Ally

ps - idiots bringing old posts back to life!!!! just posted then noticed the dates on the thread.............

Hi does anyone know where I can coarse fish in blagoevgrad thinking of moving there

Struma river, passing by the city, and also the smaller mountain rivers in the surrounding Pirin /Rila mountains.
Try to go for Balkanka - local brand of trout - wild, clever and very tasty!

Thanks I will take you're advice I will also give the local lakes a try.

Just a quick question we are moving to BG from UK in June I'm very into fishing and hunting just wondered what I can expect in the Dobrolevo area
Many thanks

Hi there,  we live between velico turnovo & polski trambesh. I have been carp fishing since the late 1970's. We have lived here since March & am still looking for a lake with some good size carp & cats, any help would be appreciated.  Regards Linden

@marinsirakov hey marin, any good wild carp lakes and carp venues near to momkovo, heading out there to finish work on a property, might get a bit of fishing sorted while I'm there.

Many thanks

Harry

@marinsirakov hey marin, any good wild carp lakes and carp venues near to momkovo, heading out there to finish work on a property, might get a bit of fishing sorted while I'm there.
Many thanks

Harry

-@harrythomas95

@marinsirakov has not visited Expat.com in 10 years so it is very unlikely you will get a reply from them. I would recommend you start a new topic with your question.