Relocating to Bahrain

Hi All,

I have a good offer in Bahrain, presently i am working in Qatar since last 9 yrs. I am staying here with my f'mly. Life here in QATAR is very good. Which is why i am thinking a lot before i make a decision. I want you guys to help me out in this difficult situation.

How is now  political situation in Bahrain? Is it a good time to relocate in bahrain for small monetary benifits which i will be getting in bahrain?

I am been offered a decent salary i.e above 2500 BD plus 600 BD for accomadation, education allowance for kids, Car.

Is it possble to get a decent accomadation for 600 BD rent (atleast 2 BR FF apartment in areas like Zinj, Adliya, Juffair, Manooj. My main requirment is to have a small play area for childrens in the campus. I have 2 kids one is 9yrs & other one is 4 yrs. I would like them to study in DPS (Zinj) area, which is why i want to stay in near by area as indicated above.

all info you will provide will help me in taking decision.

thanks & regards

Dev

No reply yet, guys pls reply i need your help in assisting me in this difficult situation.

Hi Dev and welcome to Expat.com!

Some discussions of the forum may help you. Have you gone through them?;)

Harmonie.

Thx Harmonie for u r feedback, I have gone through all the recent post, through which I got good feel abt Bahrain. Only one thing which concerns me a lot is the political situation in Bahrain. Your are the best guys who can brief me abt existing condition is Bahrain.

Hi Dev good afternoon,

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the "late" (!) reply... sometimes, long long days at work just make me feel I rather take a book than open my computer when I come back home :D

As far as your questions are concerned :

1. Accomodation ==> requirement and budget seem to match. You might even be able to find a little villa with 2BR for that price in the areas you mentioned. Have a look on this website you'll find a lot of offers to help you make up your mind about what you want.

2. Political stability
Since the begining of the unrest, there were clashes around the shia villages almost every week. Elections are coming on the 20th of this month but some opposition parties called for a boycott.
Nevertheless, the situation is kespt under control by the police and besides some check points, you live your daily life as usual.
Now what to tell you ? Is is safe to come ? So far now it is... but who can tell what will happen in the future ? no one !
The antagonism is quite old and fire is still there under the ashes. I'm an optimistic and very positive person and I have a great faith in human beings.. I hope that one day soon both sides will be able to wash the past in order to build the future. If not, the kingdom might go through some bitter years, politically, economically, socially. So let's hope for the best, Bahrain remains a place with great opportunities and I'm sure you and your family will love it...

Hope this helped

Olivier

Thxs Olivier Sir, for your detailed reply. It will sure help me in making my decision.

Olivier Sir, You rock this forum.

Hi Dev and "lol" !

I have nothing to do with that :D
The forum used to rock alone without me... I'm just following the rythm :p

Let us know when you have made up your mind !

Cheers

Olivier

Good Day!

I think http://www.expatriates.com/classifieds/bhr/ might be helpful since it is one of the most popular on-line classifieds in Bahrain!!

Olivier has given a good picture about the political scenario in Bahrain! It is a nice place to live and has hardly any restrictions! The locals are usually quite friendly compared to other middle east countries. However, the infrastructure is not comparable to UAE/Qatar. All the best!

Regards,

Shaheen