Trekking

anyone have any suggestions on trekking for this long weekend?  Is there anything accessible for a day or two from Addis?  Anyone want to get a group together and go somewhere?

Hello,

I'am not in Addis yet I wil be there by next september. I 'm kind of worried and I'd like somebody to let me know. Is it so difficult to have good friends in Addis ?

Idriss

lisalisa wrote:

anyone have any suggestions on trekking for this long weekend?  Is there anything accessible for a day or two from Addis?  Anyone want to get a group together and go somewhere?

Have you been to "Debrelibanos", there are those country buses that take you there, its monastery. The road is gud, for a car..even if you take your own...you have gud site to see there...as an orthodox Christian i say its also very blessing place, Spiritually reviving umm….oh yes trekking …I have to go through my dictionary to understand it..umm after you reached the place I mentioned, go to another place called “Abune Habtemariam”, its another monastery a two or 1 hour journey on from there, the only way you go there is on foot…the name of the place is the saint who has lived and prayed in that place….so for me as spiritual journey it was something exciting…along the way you could make ur journey cut short if you feel tired…cause…there are other places you see…even the site…its so marvelous…the high plateau the valleys…those natural big stones seems to fall yet standing still for decades ….Please do check it

BAIROUNI wrote:

Hello,

I'am not in Addis yet I wil be there by next september. I 'm kind of worried and I'd like somebody to let me know. Is it so difficult to have good friends in Addis ?

Idriss

Quit a unique question...umm Ethiopia is as a whole friendly place, i speak not only as ethiopian but we are...but its always good for expat to find their own community before jumping to the local community, my advice so you prepare yourself for anything