Public transportation in Florida

Hi all,

What do you think about the means of transportation in Florida ?

Is the network of means of transportation well developed?
What modes of transport are available?

Do you use them?

How much is a fare?

Are they relatively safe?

What is the mean of transportation you use the most in Florida?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Armand et al,

Check out my blog at globalsquatter.wordpress.com and look for the subject under transportation. My post outlines a transportation system in Orlando, one of the major cities in Florida. I'm sure it's different in Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, Tallahassee, and other Floridian towns. Florida is very big that to get around can take at least a day to get from the north to southern part of the state.

I'll be happy to write more in details about Orlando and to include interstate and intrastate systems. I travel to other cities in Florida regularly.

All in all, if you're a tourist, Orlando is more suitable for private cars (or rental cars) because of its nature as a tourist town. Major highways are well developed and catered to tourists heading to Disney and other theme parks. But people who live here get around on their bikes, walk, and use public transportation. Like everywhere else.

Why did I say that? One post in my blog also talks about poverty. Yes, right here in Orlando, just like other cities in industrialized countries. Not everyone is rich in America.

Is it safe? Relatively. Again, like anywhere else, crimes are committed on both locals and out-of-town visitors.

So it's probably better for expats in these cities to answer those questions. 

Excellent questions though!

Prajna

Thanks for your contribution Prajna!

Harmonie.:)