New members of the Vietnam forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hello Hello,My name is Matt. I've been perusing the expat.com Vietnam forum for a couple months now and have decided that I would join.

Hello Matt, and welcome to the expat.com Vietnam forum.

My life is a bit dull at the moment so I've had to think about what it is I truly want out of life. It appears that Vietnam is currently on my radar and hence I am researching as much info as I can on the beautiful country.

If there's one emotion you'll probably not experience in Vietnam, that would be boredom. 1f600.svg

It truly is like no other place you'll visit!

My number one priorities are to learn as much basic Vietnamese as I can, figure out how the visa application works, book a flight and visit the country for a month or two. Wish me luck!       -@Mahja

Sounds like an excellent plan of attack! Have you decided which region of Vietnam will be your first base?

Coming to visit for a couple of months is a very good strategy. Currently the Vietnam eVisa allows for stays up to 90 days, which will allow you time to get your feet wet and get a feel for whether Vietnam will be a good fit for you.

I'll certainly wish you luck, but by the sounds of it you won't need it, resolute as you are.

Feel free to open a new topic of your own for discussion, or to jump in and contribute to any of our ongoing threads, here.

Once again, welcome to the forum. Good to have you with us, and hope to hear more from you soon!

Hello Hello,
My name is Matt. I've been perusing the expat.com Vietnam forum for a couple months now and have decided that I would join.

My life is a bit dull at the moment so I've had to think about what it is I truly want out of life. It appears that Vietnam is currently on my radar and hence I am researching as much info as I can on the beautiful country.

My number one priorities are to learn as much basic Vietnamese as I can, figure out how the visa application works, book a flight and visit the country for a month or two.

Wish me luck!

-@Mahja

(from your profile)

"I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

Having an alternate source of income would be my top priority if I were in your shoes.

Thank you, Aiden!

Oceanbeach, well at least I'm honest 1f609.svg

@Dartanz How is teaching so far?

@Lesshove It's awesome to have you on board, mate. Wow, 32 years in the steel industry, that's quite the journey! Bet you've got some fascinating stories to share. Feel free to shoot any questions you have about life in Vietnam or anything else on your mind. We're all in this together, mate. Cheers to your future adventures in Asia! Cheers, Adam

@linhdongoc1872015 Wow, 9 years of marriage, that's wonderful! Must've been quite the journey. And planning to build a home in Vietnam sounds like an exciting adventure ahead. It's such a beautiful country with so much to offer.

....We're all in this together, mate....Cheers, Adam
    -@vnsgtours

The best way to convince members of the forum that you are "in this together" with us is to read and follow The Vietnam Forum Code of Conduct (link).

If you had done that before posting

"I've got this little side hustle going on called [link under review]."

...then that post would probably be visible now instead of being held for review by admin.

It's good to see that you've listed your company in the business directory.

Hopefully you'll get some inquiries through that.

You are also able to post a free classified ad here.

Should you want a higher profile for your business on Expat.com, you are encouraged to contact the website advertising team through this link:

As much as you are welcome to join the forum and participate, be aware that many of us are watching closely for any warning signs that someone wants to "hustle" other forum members.

Because the truth is, we've learned long ago that "we" aren't all in this together, not if you include the myriad scammers and those looking to exploit Vietnam through illegal activities.

Good luck in your endeavors.

O.B.