U.S. Revokable Trust & NLV

Does anyone have personal experience getting their Spanish Non-lucrative VISA renewal with their assets in a revokable trust? While we still have easy access to that money, just as we did before the trust, we wondered if the Spanish will have a problem with this when we renew?

@ktwright

I don't have personal experience of this, and I doubt that it's a very common issue.

My guess is that immigration expects to see the bank statement (showing the 30k euros usually required) in your name. If the statement is for the trust's bank account, then I'd imagine it's easier if Joe Bloggs has the Joe Bloggs Trust rather than the Dream Retirement Trust. But, in any case, I'd guess they might expect some documentation to show that the assets in the trust are yours (and that you can access them).

If you "still have easy access to that money", then I'd suggest it's easier to transfer 30k euros (or whatever it is for your renewal) into your personal bank account, and go ask your branch for a certified bank statement. Then, once you have you NLVs, you can transfer the money back to your trust.

I would be interested in learn mote about how trusts are treated for tax purposes in Spain. Could a trust be used to avoid the Spanish wealth tax?